• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash layout for a 1991 2L-TE, SSR-X LN130W

Best Wishes, andyL
    Attached Files

Comment

is it too late for me to have a set if not im deffo up for it!!!!!! (Halo 2nd gen plz) if you need a pic of my dash to confirm layout no problemo
      Dave
      if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

and again duly revised

So far we have the following for 2nd Gen (providing we all agree to halo and no problem with here) :-

#1 - Udtrev
        #2 - Mick B
        #3 - B3AVW
        #4 - AndyL
        #5 - Koi (4runner)
        #6 - Firefly

and for the 3rd Gen :-

#1 - Slydog
        #2 - Robd
        #3 - Ace Piker

To get either these gauges for either option from StreetRacerParts we need at least 10 and we need to get a junk instrument panel to them for a pattern - come on folks, if you want the white gauges help me out here.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Will they actually redesign the speedo fascia or use one of our mph converted templates for the dials?

The reason I'm asking is because as far as I can see there are two "schools" of making mph dials in UK. If you look at the picture I attached below:
          The speedo on the left (I think it's milner's, not sure) is slightly better, because it has clear markers every 10 miles. This is quite important, because for some reason many manufacturers while designing UK speedos forget about our "odd prefix" speed limits and use what I call "continental markers". What I mean is - in UK, we don't care as much about 20, 40 and 60 miles per hour. We have the "odd prefix" limits and we need clear markers for 30, and 70mph. These are the important speeds for us. So obviously - markers every 10 miles, as we see on the left is much better idea than markers every 20 miles and at speeds we don't care much about. However, many of us travel to the mainland and kilometer markers on the speedo are also quite important. The km/h scale on speedo to the right on the picture is much better designed than on the dial with better mph speedo. It's missing some numbers, which would have to be added, but it's generally easier to read.

Unless of course StreetRacerParts will use their own in house design, in which case I've just wasted some database space and your valueable time with my post.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by v0n; 16 June 2004, 18:18.

Comment

White Set Please 3rd Gen
            3RD GEN 3.0TD 1996 SSR-X BLUE OVER SILVER

Comment

and again duly revised

So far we have the following for 2nd Gen (providing we all agree to halo and no problem with here) :-

#1 - Udtrev
              #2 - Mick B
              #3 - B3AVW
              #4 - AndyL
              #5 - Koi (4runner)
              #6 - Firefly

#1 - Slydog
              #2 - Robd
              #3 - Ace Piker
              #4 - Cockney Surfer

To get either these gauges for either option from StreetRacerParts we need at least 10 and we need to get a junk instrument panel to them for a pattern - come on folks, if you want the white gauges help me out here.

As regards to markers they will make the gauges according to what we supply, and every 10 marked off is fine me.

Trev

Comment

Trev

I think that some time ago Lucky (Andy) had an old 2nd gen instrument cluster, not positive it was him but who ever it was had mucked up the speedo when fitting a new face.

Also Morr has done a scan of the dials on a 3rd gen when he fitted the blue LED's in his gauges.

Another thing that I just remembered is that markyoung was breaking a 2nd gen and he live near us in Sussex, so maybe he can help.

Hope this helps.
                Last edited by andy; 16 June 2004, 21:34.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                  ....Also Morr has done a scan of the dials on a 3rd gen when he fitted the blue LED's in his gauges...
                  If you want these, just let me know.
                  Maurice
                  Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Count me for 2nd Gen.

Comment

and once again duly revised

#1 - Udtrev
                      #2 - Mick B
                      #3 - B3AVW
                      #4 - AndyL
                      #5 - Koi (4runner)
                      #6 - Firefly
                      #7 - Mithujee

#1 - Slydog
                      #2 - Robd
                      #3 - Ace Piker
                      #4 - Cockney Surfer

Morr, if you could post your scan here it would be appreciated for comparing with the 2nd Gen

Trev
                      Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 17 June 2004, 21:59.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                        Morr, if you could post your scan here it would be appreciated for comparing with the 2nd Gen..........

I'll dig them out later when I'm at home.
                        Maurice
                        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                          The Gauges should look like this , and will be made for our diesels, this is why I have put out a request for pictures and scrap gauges.

Trev
                          Ok so they are white in daylight and blue at night? I cant tell from the pic but does it have KM as well as MPH? Useful if I ever go to Europe.

Fluffy
                          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Hi,
                            OK put me down for a set for a 2.4TD. I have canceled the set I ordered although the Speedo would have probably been ok the rev counter Gauge would have been pretty useless but I have left the Bronze surround / Bezel on order and that is on it's way now.

Andy.
                            Attached Files
                            I'd Rather Have A 4" Lift Than A 4" Extension !!!

Comment

and once again duly revised

#1 - Udtrev
                              #2 - Mick B
                              #3 - B3AVW
                              #4 - AndyL
                              #5 - Koi (4runner)
                              #6 - Firefly
                              #7 - Mithujee
                              #8 - Driver

#1 - Slydog
                              #2 - Robd
                              #3 - Ace Piker
                              #4 - Cockney Surfer

Linda, as we are supplying the patterns (a junk intrument panel, and MPH speedo face) they should be able to have KPH also shown, and no doubt if we ask, they could be able increase the size of the digits to make KPH more legible.

Yes they are white in daylight, and glow blue at night.

Trev

Comment

i would like a set please 2.4 td 2nd Gen

have i got this right $69.99 USD is = to £38.17p if i am wrong dont take the !!!!, tell me nicely
                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
                                X