Stick on HD 1080p camera and 5mp photo camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick on HD 1080p camera and 5mp photo camera

I finally received my GoPro HD Hero camera (from California) yesterday. I have been making a few crap films (crap as in not interesting to anyone but myself) to see how it works etc.
    Last night I stuck it to the passenger window and moved the arm so that it faced out the front windscreen. The pillar was mainly in the way and because of the windscreen wiper sweep I only really got half the picture.

So, this morning on the way to work I stuck it to the front windscreen on the inside again. I have posted a video on youtube of the pure results. I took the .mp4 file off the cam and uploaded it direct. This is at 720p. The files come out to roughly 2GB per 30mins and my flash storage card is 2GB so I have an 8GB on order.
    Also, the flash I'm using cost just £2 and the write speed is poor. I've ordered a Class 6 Transcend card which people have been getting some good results from (according to google).

The only real bad point is that it does not yet have a LCD screen or a view piece so you can only roughly point it. There is a LCD screen in development which is simply plug n play.
    Comes with rechargeable battery and a 60metres waterproof housing. You also have a non-waterproof housing back plate to enhance the sound but still protect the tiny camera. Also comes with the HDTV out cables to connect it to a HD TV or composite. Since I got the "motorsports" edition (same price) I get all the external mountings to suck it to bodywork / glass, plus sticky mounts and clips for curved surfaces.
    Pictures below
    Youtube video link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGK2dpmRJcE&fmt=22
    Attached Files
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

thats a really clear picture, in an expanded window as well.
    you should of put the stereo on to check the sound quality.
    I like it.
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

I'm going to fiddle with the adjustments. Plus that was taken as the sun was coming up. The video starts when it's still dark so it isnt fully light out. I think the ratio is set wrong. I set it so that the camera always tries to make the centre in focus and the correct contrast. An example of where that is supposed to be used is when the camera is in a car and you want to film what's out through the window. I think that because the camera is directly on the window I should have used the default setting which is just normal. I think thats why there is a slight jeans effect. Here is the same camera in full daylight strapped to the side of someones helmet.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTQhe...related&fmt=22

I will see if I can get the truck through some mud during the holiday period and post back with some more vids.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

How does it fix to the windscreen?
        I have a flycam one which I velcro'd to the dash, I think it was Apache who had a webcam that he cabletied to the 'oh sh!t' handle
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
          How does it fix to the windscreen?
          I have a flycam one which I velcro'd to the dash, I think it was Apache who had a webcam that he cabletied to the 'oh sh!t' handle
          HAHA
          It comes with a sucker. You suck it to the body work or the windscreen and flip a handle. Its a bit like what you use to pick up glass with. Then there are arms and bits so you can position it wherever once its sucked.
          There are handlebar mounts, chest mounts, head mounts and other bits.

Another cool video:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYeAmsk0ZHY&fmt=22
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I also velcro'd it to my model plane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjjnLYo6-5U
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Is it water proof and how much does it cost?

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
                goprocamera
                there about 200 pounds.
                I have been thinking about getting one, dieselboy at some point i would like to take a look at the kit and camera you got.
                Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

Amazing picture quality, very impressed.
                  I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
                    It's 60 meters waterproof. Costs £170 from ebay. But, plus tax and shipping plus customs charges you are looking more around the £230 mark.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie.t View Post
                      goprocamera
                      there about 200 pounds.
                      I have been thinking about getting one, dieselboy at some point i would like to take a look at the kit and camera you got.
                      Sounds good.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Another 720p video from this camera. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-J2x...eature=related

I am trying to get mine uploaded, but the length is 14 minutes long and youtube only allow 10 minutes.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                        X