mph speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mph speedo

has anyone fitted a mph speedo face if so how difficult are they,and what tips can u give me and owt to avoid many thanx in advance,pete
    hilux surf 2.4 auto ssr-x 1991

Mph face? It's just a sticker that covers the kmh face mate. Got one on my Surf and checked it with a sat nav, gives a correct reading within 1mph.

Step one: remove instrument cluster surrounding plastic bit
    Step two: remove plastic screen from instrument cluster
    Step three: place mph sticker over kph
    Step four: re-assemble
    Last edited by Scorpion; 24 December 2009, 13:34.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

hello mate, i got a new face from roughtrax, easy fit once you have the plastic bit of the dials, carefully remove the needle, then the two small screws holding the old face on, put the new one on replace the screws fit the needle making sure it rests on the resting thingy.

Thata about it

merry christmas
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

thanx for the replies i thort fitting a radio was goin to be a 10 min job took me over 2 hrs (thanx to previous owner who cut the wires!) so just thort id run it past u lads to see if there was anything i needed to look out for ,sounds stright forward (famous last words!!) cheers
        hilux surf 2.4 auto ssr-x 1991

Comment

Hi Pete, I recently put white dials in mph on mine. I got them from Lockwood, had them in in about half an hour. One thing to note is to take a photo of where the needle is (on the rev counter) when the engine is off and also when the engine is in idle so you know where to put the needle. I forgot to do this at first and when I started her up the needle was at 3500 revs in idle, oops!!

The dials from lockwood were £19 ish and came with photographic step-by-step instructions.

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X