Shipping Agents Southampton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Agents Southampton?

I've got a Surf due into Southampton next month.

I've already paid shipping costs and know about Duty and VAT but was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the fees charged by the Shipping Agent and perhaps recommend one?

Cheers,

Rob.

Rob

I use http://www.penguin-shipping.co.uk/ and speak to linda@penguin-shipping.co.uk

They charge £55 for Customs clearance £40 terminal handling and £25 delivery order, it's a bit steep but they are quick, although I can get clearance for £35 at Gascar.

Why have you had the surf delivered to soton, it's a long trek for you to collect from there.

Comment

Shipping

Cheers Andy,

Apparently there's a real shortage of shipping space for boats going to Europe at the moment?!?

It was a case of we get it on its way to you or be prepared to wait longer for a ship going to Newcastle / Liverpool / Bristol ......

Any idea how long I'll have to wait from it arriving to when I can collect it?

Cheers,

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by robinbooth
        Cheers Andy,

Apparently there's a real shortage of shipping space for boats going to Europe at the moment?!?

It was a case of we get it on its way to you or be prepared to wait longer for a ship going to Newcastle / Liverpool / Bristol ......

Any idea how long I'll have to wait from it arriving to when I can collect it?

Cheers,

Rob.
        It was caused by a ship getting damaged and being withdrawn from service, I had the same problem but they wanted to ship mine to bristol, so waited until a boat was going to soton, it should be here on the 10th of this month.

The Surf should be available within 2-3 days from landing.

Comment

Cheers

Cheers Andy - I appreciate the info!!!

Comment

just a quick one. more & more ships are refusing roll on roll off transport & are insisting on containers
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
              just a quick one. more & more ships are refusing roll on roll off transport & are insisting on containers
              The company Hual line have 24 ships and charter another 20+, and a lot of them are specifically made for carrying cars and trucks, so they are not going to change that overnight, specially when the number of imports is increasing every year.

This one hold 5910 cars, and the 910 belong to Hilux Bob.

Comment

Normal service is resumed.

お客様各位
                名古屋市中区丸の内2丁目18番14号
                株式会社 優 和 シ ッ ピ ン グ
                前略
                貴社ますますご清栄のこととお喜び申し上げます。
                平素は格別のご高配を賜り、厚く御礼申し上げます。
                早速ではございますが 昨年末より 皆様方に大変ご迷惑をお掛け 致しております 弊社の日本=ヨーロッパ向け本船の配船に関しま して 来る平成16年7月より従来とおり「 中旬・下旬の月間2 船体制 」になります。これを機により一層のサービスを展開出来 る様努めて参ります。 
                今後とも 何卒宜しくご高配並びにご厚情賜ります様お願いもうし あげます。

早 々

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

WE THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR KIND SUPPORTS AND ASSISTS TO US.

WE ARE VERY PLEASED TO INFORM YOU THAT OUR JAPAN TO EUROPEAN PORTS SERVICES WILL BE RESTARTING AGAIN TWICE A MONTH ( THE MIDDLE AND THE END ) SERVICE AS FROM JULY 2004.

WE HAVE THEREFORE, WE WOULD LIKE TO EXPECT YOUR HIGHLY SUPPORTS AND HELPS TO OUR EUROPEAN PORTS SERVICE.

VERY BEST REGARDS.
                YUWA SHIPPING CO., LTD.

Comment

Working...
                X