Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow turbo light?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
    The little yellow light marked turbo on the rev counter comes on at about 2500 rpm does this mean the turbo is cutting in ok or does it mean it has a problem?cheers.
    CURRY-ER

Means it's just kicked in... Most folks hear turbo whistling at same time, mine does.. perfickly normal.... the car that is, not me...
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

hi duncan,
      it means the turbo,s kicking in, you should be able to hear the turbo as it kicks in, well you can on mine, a bit of a whistle.

ship

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan
        Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
        The little yellow light marked turbo on the rev counter comes on at about 2500 rpm does this mean the turbo is cutting in ok or does it mean it has a problem?cheers.
        It cuts in at different times depending on the load you are applying to the engine - mine cuts in anywhere between 1600rpm and 2800 rpm depending on whether my foot is nailed on the accelerator or not and whether I am going up hill or down hill or on the flat. Green light on means that the turbo has gone above 1 psi positive boost. If there is a problem the turbo light will not light or the engine check light will come on if the turbo provides too much boost (over 11psi).

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for that Guys'n'Gals,I can sleep easy tonight!
          CURRY-ER

Comment

Working...
          X