key copying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• key copying?

can the surf key be copied? a couple of key people i've spoken to dont have the right shape key??
    my only key to the surf is immently about to snap in half! help does anyone do blank keys?

cheers rob

Originally posted by Robmatthews View Post
    can the surf key be copied? a couple of key people i've spoken to dont have the right shape key??
    my only key to the surf is immently about to snap in half! help does anyone do blank keys?

cheers rob
    i might be able to get the barrel and key from a breaker here for you
    Have you tried the guy opposite icelands in town here
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I bought one off a guy on e-bay a few months ago. It was only the blank obviously but it seems to be the same size as the master key!! I need to get it cut and try it. I was to do this during the summer but as always got envolved in somthing else.
      I tried a couple of key places before and they were all unable to get the correct blank key.The guy in the local market has said that if i get the blank he'd cut it for a fiver!! a bargain if it works. Timpsons wanted £25-30 just to cut one if i suppiled the blank!! Sure someone will come along soon who's had one cut.

Comment

cheers rob
        You just went to the wrong guys.
        Ive had keys cut for all 3 of my Surfs, Its a standard blank,
        what I mean by standard is ,its not a difficult blank to get hold of, most good locksmiths have them in stock
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

I recently tried to get a key cut by a reputable shop and the guy went through 3 blanks and every time I tried a key it wouldnt turn the ignition so I still have one key!!!

Comment

cheers rob
            I have just had one cut this saturday gone , it was of a guy who does it from the back of his van on a local market. He sais it is a standard Toyota key that he has a regular stock of and it cost me £5 - and it works no issues.

Paul

Comment

I had a spare cut at a shoe repairers in a local precinct no probs

Brummie
              I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

i got one cut no problem by a small cobblers, £7 and had loads of blanks in stock
                PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Cheers richard, im hoping to go the easy way and not go changing locks etc if i can just get one cut timsons is the one oposite iceland will try in there again at the weekend,tried the guy in the local market a while ago back in the summer will try him again,
                  If i cant get hold of any would someone be good enough to get and send a couple to me for some dosh?

Comment

timsons cut me a spare for my surf for less than a tenner.

Comment

Cheers richard, im hoping to go the easy way and not go changing locks etc if i can just get one cut timsons is the one oposite iceland will try in there again at the weekend,tried the guy in the local market a while ago back in the summer will try him again,
                      If i cant get hold of any would someone be good enough to get and send a couple to me for some dosh?
                      Rob i have got the barrel of the ignition out of the 2.4 here if you want it and if you need the door locks aswell let me know

Comment

for info, the timpsons blank for the surf is BT47

I had 2 done and cost was £9.50 for both

ta

hawaii
                        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
                          for info, the timpsons blank for the surf is BT47

I had 2 done and cost was £9.50 for both

ta

hawaii
                          The blank i had cut was a JMA blank and the Number on the key is TOYO 15P

Comment

richard how many keys ya got for that key lock set?
                            and how easy is it to change the ignition barrel?

Comment

there is only 1 key and changing the barrel is easy

Comment

Working...
                              X