Why can't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't

Car dealers be honest with you Me and vagrant No2. have been out all day on a 300 mile round trip to look at a car the dealer said over the phone was in great condition when we got to see it there was quite a nasty dent just in front of the rear wheel arch, a deep scratch on the rear wing and the air bag light was on. What a waste of a day and money.

One peed off jotto
    I'm a custard donut monster

My sympathies are with you. I had the same recently, but the guy had the temerity to keep calling and emailing me afterwards calling me a timewaster. It was in 'mint' condition but had four tyres, one of which was bald and the cooling system was bone dry. Apparently I am 'mad' to read anything into that and people need protecting from me.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      My sympathies are with you. I had the same recently, but the guy had the temerity to keep calling and emailing me afterwards calling me a timewaster. It was in 'mint' condition but had four tyres, one of which was bald and the cooling system was bone dry. Apparently I am 'mad' to read anything into that and people need protecting from me.....
      I think it's more a case of people need protecting from him by the sounds of it, he couldn't even be bothered to semi hide the tyre by putting on the spare and as for a bone dry cooling system .
      Neal

Comment

Originally posted by jotto View Post
        Car dealers be honest with you Me and vagrant No2. have been out all day on a 300 mile round trip to look at a car the dealer said over the phone was in great condition when we got to see it there was quite a nasty dent just in front of the rear wheel arch, a deep scratch on the rear wing and the air bag light was on. What a waste of a day and money.

One peed off jotto
        I was lucky with my surf, went to birmingham to get it and it fitted the bill great for me but would have been a pain if not, can defo see where your coming from.
        Neal

Comment

One peed off jotto
          The same thing happened to me around the start of this year, although not quite as bad. Went to take a look at a Daihatsu fourtrak advertised on a very reputable website, good pics & described as good condition.
          Travelled 130 miles to take a look with cash because it looked like a done deal. Met the seller & car & was never so disappointed in all my life!
          Heap of sh1t, chronic rust on the doors, door seals missing, rotten exhaust & a wrecked interior. I was very pi55ed off, had a few choice 'words' with the seller & left an unhappy chappy. What a plonker....good condition???
          Never again will i travel to see a car without some sort of solid evidence that the thing is as described.

Comment

One peed off jotto
            Come on jon you should know better than that
            www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
              Come on jon you should know better than that
              Yes I know I should but having trouble finding the right car so had no choice.
              Won't do it again in a hurry.
              I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Wait till after christmas, people will be giving stuff away when they are skint
                www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

i drove my mate to see a car in Lincoln and it wasn't even the same car as was advertised!!

gave his mrs a whole day to pop round and shag her fella though!... turned out to be a quite eventful day!!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

What I don’t understand is why people are travelling hundreds of miles to look at cars?

Virtually all the cars I’ve ever owned have been bought within 5 miles from home... a couple within 10 miles and the furthest I’ve ever travelled was Manchester (40 miles) to buy a Ford Capri 2.8i special.

I’ll be looking for a Land Cruiser next year but don’t want to travel more than 50-70 miles... hopefully a lot less.
                    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                      What I don’t understand is why people are travelling hundreds of miles to look at cars?
                      Because the particular car the person wants to buy is hundreds of miles away from them, therefore he/she must travel that distance to view & possibly purchase the vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                      X