Need a favour from someone with Sky Freeview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a favour from someone with Sky Freeview

As the title says, i need a favour from someone with Sky Freeview, i have the message on my screen, you will lose these channels, please update your card, is there anyone who can order a freeview card from Sky, stick it in there machine to get it turned on then post it out to me, i will meet all cost.
    Many thanks.
    www.furryfriendsinneed.com

sky have updated the cards if you call them they will just send you a new card might cost £10

Comment

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/sky-card?_frdlpwl=1&_rdc=1
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Sky will not send cards abroad, freeview from sky is 20 quid, watch forever, or untill they update cards, living in Greece, they will not post out.

Comment

Sorry big yin but have used up all my uk addresses if no one can sort you out will try one last one that may be able to help tonight
          The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Thanks Wiggy, thats the only problem living here, but never mind, it has its compensations.

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
              Thanks Wiggy, thats the only problem living here, but never mind, it has its compensations.
              shall check back later on then

Comment

greecy, what size dish are you using?
                I have a 1.5 metre and don't get all the channels
                Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                  greecy, what size dish are you using?
                  I have a 1.5 metre and don't get all the channels
                  dont know what you get but i get all bar bbc itv ch4 but just got an hd box and now get itv. running off astra 28.2 deg east....on the limit of the footprint...try retuning to default transponder 12207 and try that and you should be able to pick up more
                  Last edited by wiggy; 12 December 2009, 14:49.

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
                    dont know what you get but i get all bar bbc itv ch4 but just got an hd box and now get itv. running off astra 28.2 deg east
                    I'll have to get an HD box then, I was getting ch 5 but only during the day,
                    A month or so ago I blew up all my electrical stuff in the house, the sky box included.
                    I'm going to the UK in January for the sales

Comment

I'll have to get an HD box then, I was getting ch 5 but only during the day,
                      A month or so ago I blew up all my electrical stuff in the house, the sky box included.
                      I'm going to the UK in January for the sales
                      Hi Slobodan, i use a 1.75 meter dish, get channel 5, sky 3, five USA Fiver, and occasionally channel 4, got a spare Sky plus decoder if you are interested, have the same problem as Wiggy, very difficult area to any other channels.

Comment

Hi Slobodan, i use a 1.75 meter dish, get channel 5, sky 3, five USA Fiver, and occasionally channel 4, got a spare Sky plus decoder if you are interested, have the same problem as Wiggy, very difficult area to any other channels.
                        could maybe try a different transponder freq never know we changed ours and about 10 extra channels dropped in

Comment

Hi Wiggy, will try that, been watching some freeview cards on ebay, they are selling for crazy money, the last one went for 56 quid, people are crazy, if you have a UK address they are 20 quid from Sky, there are even people bidding on the Blue cards, and they are all running out. Crazy crazy world.

Comment

Hi Wiggy, will try that, been watching some freeview cards on ebay, they are selling for crazy money, the last one went for 56 quid, people are crazy, if you have a UK address they are 20 quid from Sky, there are even people bidding on the Blue cards, and they are all running out. Crazy crazy world.
                            So I can order one via my parents address even though they haven't got sky?

Comment

So I can order one via my parents address even though they haven't got sky?
                              Yes mate you can, if you go to sky.com and then follow the prompts to renew card, the only thing you will need to do is get someone with Sky, to put the card in there box to get the card switched on. Then of go happy viewing.

Comment

Working...
                              X