explorer v surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
    why go for the explorer why not go for the expedition.Its better than the explorer and not as good as the excursion.It can tow very well aswell.My brother towed 3t with his no problem from Farnborough to Wales where we met mr bushwhacker
    expeditions are very expensive, still not seen one for less than £9000. but i would like one.

mick.

Comment

Originally posted by wetdog View Post
      well thats a bit vague, can you not make it a bit clearer hahaha.

lets do an off road challenge, my stock explorer on road tyres v a stock surf on road tyres.

when you say thirsty an explorer achieves an ave mpg of 20, what does a surf do, on average daily motoring?

mick.
      14 mpg when I drove my dads around for a while. We took it 'offroad' around the lower field near thier old hotel in Scotland, it got stuck - you'd ground it on most offroad places and most of the lanes I've taken a stock Surf down - it's too low, and doesn't fare well offroad at all. This one always had BFG ATs on too - so it wasn't anything to do with naff rubber.... they are just pants!

That's my opinion, and my dads (he now has a Shogun) and my sisters, as she has the Exploder these days.....
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

sounds like the voice of experiance there, so thats that then.

thank you,
        mick.

Comment

Originally posted by wetdog View Post
          sounds like the voice of experiance there, so thats that then.

thank you,
          mick.
          for what u paid i wouldn't be fussed lol

Comment

Originally posted by darkdezigns View Post
            for what u paid i wouldn't be fussed lol
            hahahaha, im not really mate. i was thinking along the lines of sprucing it up a touch, 12 months mot, 6 months tax, and ebaying it. then getting a 3.0l 3rd gen diesel.

mick.

Comment

Working...
            X