pump for veg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pump for veg?

I am using veg at times and would like to use a 12 volt pump to transfer it, any reccomendations?
    being as I am a lazy person to save the lifting 20 ltr drums and it would mean that the home made spout coming off wont be repeated - my work shoes realy repel water now!!!!
    Ta
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

What about a Electric Drill attachment Tony !!
    I personally use a watering which I can lift (just means 3 fill ups, from 20 Ltrs..

There's always a Payback .. Cos ya don't know where n ya never know when !!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

[QUOTE=Diezel Weazel;604682]What about a Electric Drill attachment Tony !!
      I personally use a watering which I can lift (just means 3 fill ups, from 20 Ltrs..

that still involves lifting the 20 ltrs to fill the can and lifting the can, what I am looking for is a reasonably quick 12 volt pump that I can plug into the cig lighter so that I can transfer fuel (oil) anywhere. when I got my shoes waterproofed was in a dark car park, 20 ltr with spout, pi$$ing with rain, truck running on vapour and the spout came off the can as I was trying to pour it!
      I was not best pleased. If I can get a pump suitable it will just live in the back cubby untill needed
      Either that or a large free flowing funnel that will stay put in use cos you need 2 hands to pour a drum
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

i used to move diesel around,, with a cheap water pump for a caravan.
        they are a small cylinder type with the outflow and 12v cabling at the top, with a hole in the bottom with an impeller. around £12 if memory serves me right. i extended the cable and put a good lenght of tube on it. perfect.

mick.

Comment

Can you give a bit kore detail about what you are transferring form?

I've gone down a number of different routes but with all pumps they will have oil in the hoses when you are down and a little oil goes a bl00dy long way and will get eveywhere eventually.

To my mind a flexi funnel and your oil in 10 litre cubies (that oil comes in form the supermarket works best. Get a flexi funnel form halfords and hold with one hand while you tip with the other. If you want to use 20 litre tie the funnel to your roof rak if you have one of to a CB aerial mag mount stuck to the side of the surf above the fuel cap.

Check vegetableoildiesel for lots of ideas

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
            I am using veg at times and would like to use a 12 volt pump to transfer it, any reccomendations?
            being as I am a lazy person to save the lifting 20 ltr drums and it would mean that the home made spout coming off wont be repeated - my work shoes realy repel water now!!!!
            Ta
            Most of the small ready available pumps i have come across don't last very long. Occasionally there is a larger farmer type pops up on ebay from time to time
            www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X