Landline tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landline tax

Just when you think you can't be taxed anymore...

A £6 a year tax on every fixed uk landline.. and the reason for it ? to make superfast broadband accessible to everyone, even those in remote places of uk...

My poor old mum, who's phone is her lifeline is going to fund installing stuff for people she doesn't know, in places she's never been for a technology she doesn't understand and probably won't see completed...

oooh it's ridiculous...
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

But I see bingo duty has dropped, that should help...
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

tiz the same with everything realy
      we get taxed to the hilt to fund everything and every one else

its all ridiculous i dont mind paying to help run the uk but it ends there for me
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
        But I see bingo duty has dropped, that should help...
        she can't even afford to go there anymore bless her...
        Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

still waiting to hear how much is going on fuel husband taxi driver i am starting in january and with the truck i need shares in shell.
          Me........... NEVER

Comment

your going to use the truck as a taxi???

Comment

i wish No we got tdci mondeo thats the taxi. Runs for 12 hours a day at the moment but when i start it will be nearly 24hrs 6 days a week.
              Me........... NEVER

Comment

mines on cable, so i think i will scrap the home phone and just stick with the mobile or skpe
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by tillytops View Post
                  still waiting to hear how much is going on fuel husband taxi driver i am starting in january and with the truck i need shares in shell.

Got news for ya if ya go to Shell ...BP...ya probably already are !!
                  the same with most utilities user/shareholder along with BT, GPO, British Rail, British Gas Eastern Eletricity shares we never got after privatisation ......
                  Don't fart or Burp that'll be the next pollution TAX !!

There's always a Payback .. Cos ya don't know where n ya never know when !!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

sheesh 6 quid a line,they will make billions out of it,god i love this country

Comment

Remember when VAT got dropped to 15% and to compensate for loss of revenue on sale of fuel, the duty was increased by 2%. Now that VAT is going back up to 17.5% in Jnuary I doubt very much if the duty increase will be removed.

Comment

1.6p a day, 11.5p per week or 50p a month, robbing ba5tards, that's it I'm leaving the country.

Comment

Fine then. I will simply be moving my phone around the house.

Job done.
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

On a serious note, does anyone know when it's being introduced? Time to jump ship back to Virgin..
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                              On a serious note, does anyone know when it's being introduced? Time to jump ship back to Virgin..
                              od knows,im still with them,and have a landline line too,although with the mobile deals mrs and i are on,it gets very little use

Comment

Working...
                              X