Air Ambulance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Ambulance

I have been running advanced power boat training course today for the fire brigade on the The River Thames when we get buzzed by an Air Ambulance then my phone goes off and my colleague says there are two ambulances have turned up on site for a body in the river……….turns out ………... a member of the public has called in the fact there is a person in distress half in and out of the water. Aparentley they looked across the river at us then saw my life size manikin on the edge of the far bank by the water and thought it was in trouble??? We were 50 meters away from it with 3 safety boats and 9 people in dry suits….why not just ask us as the bank they were on was 40 meters away from me …..what a waste of money for the air ambulance……are people really that thick??

Stuff the ambulance, You have a cool job by the sound of it.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Swings and round abouts http://www.maidenheadadvertiser.com/...asthma-attack/ same ambulance took this poor little chap to hospital.... I did the CPR. Sad day

Mark

Comment

Not much fun that, luckly all my years of experdition training up n the mountains we never had any fatallities, a few scares, breaks and lots of blood though.
        Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
          I have been running advanced power boat training course today for the fire brigade on the The River Thames when we get buzzed by an Air Ambulance then my phone goes off and my colleague says there are two ambulances have turned up on site for a body in the river……….turns out ………... a member of the public has called in the fact there is a person in distress half in and out of the water. Aparentley they looked across the river at us then saw my life size manikin on the edge of the far bank by the water and thought it was in trouble??? We were 50 meters away from it with 3 safety boats and 9 people in dry suits….why not just ask us as the bank they were on was 40 meters away from me …..what a waste of money for the air ambulance……are people really that thick??
          Yup!
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
            Swings and round abouts http://www.maidenheadadvertiser.com/...asthma-attack/ same ambulance took this poor little chap to hospital.... I did the CPR. Sad day

Mark
            i feel for you on that one mate, but i am confident you save more than you lose.

i for one doff my cap to you sir

mick.

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
              Not much fun that, luckly all my years of experdition training up n the mountains we never had any fatallities, a few scares, breaks and lots of blood though.
              Yer I've done 20 yrs in the outdoors and dealt with most of the other bits but this was somthing I don't want to do come across again.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
                Yup!
                Talking to the lads I was training this happens a lot....

Comment

Originally posted by wetdog View Post
                  i feel for you on that one mate, but i am confident you save more than you lose.

i for one doff my cap to you sir

mick.
                  thanks bad day for me that, I have a son who was the same age at the time.

Comment

Yes, They Are. Have you ever gotten on ANY tube line or over ground in London?

Must have been a sight to see. Like the other morning on the way in to work I see that blue and yellow Police helli hovering around the Dulwich area (bit further out) and about 1000ft above it was a news Helli as well. Sat there for longer than I had noticed them so longer than 20 mins just sitting there. Found out it must have been due to the big fire.

That Police Helli is always flying over Hackney / Canning town / Stratford etc
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                    X