getting a 4x4 again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting a 4x4 again

getting a 4x4 again as i miss having one, had a 2.4td surf before and although was a great truck, found it liitle under powered, kept it for couple years then had to get rid, narrowed my choices down to a lwb 2.8td pajero of a 3td surf, having a bit more trouble finding a surf in my price range, plus alot of reviews i have read favor the 2.8 pajero over the surf, biggest reasons being the intercooler and the working of the 4x4,

so thought i would ask the surf experts for your opinions, any advice greatfuly recieved

depending on what your budget is to start with
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

through experience i would choose toyota over mitsubishi any day regardless of model. mechanically and reliability, don't know about the 4x4 ability of the mitsy i'am afraid
      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

got about 1700-1800 budget, no more really, i know most surf owners will say surf and pajero owners will say pajero but hoping for couple of honest views,

what about power difference between the 2, found some figures showing the pajero at around 120hp and surf at just under 110hp but cant find torque numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
          through experience i would choose toyota over mitsubishi any day regardless of model. mechanically and reliability, don't know about the 4x4 ability of the mitsy i'am afraid
          That was an honest opinion
          www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

The 3 Ltr surf puts out 130bhp.
            I very nearly bought the same sort of Pajero your on about a few years ago.
            Im my opinion i think the Paj is a nice 4x4 but its main attribute seams to be its towing ability not its off road skills & thats why i went for the toyota.

The Pajero i test drove was a 96 & it was a bit rattly all over, then i test drove the same year surf & it seemed solid as a rock. Then the guy selling the mitsu turned around & started telling me it took a while to start up in cold mornings & that i may have to replace the glow plugs & possibly something else.

Anyway my point is the Surf seemed more solid than the Pajero. Also the surf is definitely quicker.

Comment

will be using 4x4 for towing my builders trailer alot, but maybe abit of offroading now and again, did like the build quailty of my surf, like i say i am having trouble finding one in budget near me, they all seem hours away

Comment

i got a contact number for a guy in Plymouth who's selling a black 3.0l.
                drop a email if you want his number

Comment

that would great, have seen a black one tonight on ebay down st austell way, pm the number please, any idea whay he wants for it?

Comment

Originally posted by caseyj View Post
                    will be using 4x4 for towing my builders trailer alot, but maybe abit of offroading now and again, did like the build quailty of my surf, like i say i am having trouble finding one in budget near me, they all seem hours away
                    Honestly if you can get your hands on a surf its worth the wait.
                    There are loads of Pajeros over here but very few surfs. You know why? because when people buy them they tend to hang on to them for years because their good.

Comment

what would be considered a good price for a 3.0td surf, m reg 94 on ebay in black for 1650, but short mot

Comment

that would great, have seen a black one tonight on ebay down st austell way, pm the number please, any idea whay he wants for it?
                        email sent

Comment

what would be considered a good price for a 3.0td surf, m reg 94 on ebay in black for 1650, but short mot
                          is that the one down here.if so offer 1500.If you need me to go look at it tthen let me know and i'll go see what its like

Comment

i've got a 2.4 surf at the minute and my previous was a 2.5td pajero and i tbh i love them both the pajero was very good offroad and realy comfy and nice on road but drank fuel like it was going out of fasion, but i'm loveing the surf at the minute so i'd be split i love them both
                            when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

Comment

if you want an intercooler fit one to the surf no probs dont take long either
                              I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X