Dodgy Fuel Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgy Fuel Gauge

Has anyone dealt with a faulty fuel gauge? Mine is all over the place...Would a general garage be able to sort the problem?

Originally posted by shirley53 View Post
    Has anyone dealt with a faulty fuel gauge? Mine is all over the place...Would a general garage be able to sort the problem?
    Nope, they're all like it.

Not so much fuel gauge as random level indicator.

Will go down on uphills, up on downhills. Also don't trust it as it's a trick gauge, never quite lets you know if you're empty till it's too late
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
      Nope, they're all like it.

Not so much fuel gauge as random level indicator.

Will go down on uphills, up on downhills. Also don't trust it as it's a trick gauge, never quite lets you know if you're empty till it's too late
      yeah mines the same. Going up a hill; oh bugger better get more diesel. Going down a hill; oh hold on ive plenty, no worries.
      Fuel sensor must be on one side of the tank.

Comment

Carry spare fuel, 10L will get you about 40 miles. I always keep 5L in the back, just in case.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

even the first gens show full then suddenly go to half
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Carry spare fuel, 10L will get you about 40 miles. I always keep 5L in the back, just in case.
            I also carry a spare 10 litres ..... of Veg oil

There's always a Payback .. Cos ya don't know where n ya never know when !!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
              I also carry a spare 10 litres ..... of Veg oil

There's always a Payback .. Cos ya don't know where n ya never know when !!
              Cos you never know when you might want fish n chops on the roadside jess

and when my low fuel light comes on I have about 200 yards left before I run out!
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by shirley53 View Post
                aslong as you go to a half sensible garage you trust,my guage is pretty good,another way to keep check on it is reset your trip meter when u fill up,then just keep track,i get around 280/300 kilometers between fills and that leaves around a quarter of a tank,but if yours is really all over the place may need a new sender or could be earthing out somewhere

Comment

oh dear....my other hilux fuel gauge works perfectly.....albeit a bit slow to go to full....this one doesn't care if its uphill or not ....never been past half full..shucks should i waste any more money on the blighter .....just spent £172 on 2 doors, but they are black.....

Comment

Mines the same, slow to go to full, fast to drop to half, but it is OK from half to empty, light comes on and I try to fill within 25 Km's
                    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Shirl shall i dig out another fuel gauge and see if that does the trick.I'll just dig one out over the next few days and post one up.It may be the sender in the tank itself thats the problem
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Just in responce to the "they all do that" posts..

Mine was always spot on...

Comment

Aye Rich....jist send yin tae me in the post...Let me know what I owe you

shirl

Comment

Working...
                          X