Hiya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya

Hi all just joined the forum ,Looking forward to speaking with you guys ,Ive recently just bought a hilux surf 2.4 on j plate ,unfortunately my engine has now deloveped a whats been described as a terminal problem with the engine ,so really looking on advise of sourcing a new engine .
    Regards
    Shaun

Hi and welcome, have a word with Stormforce on here, he may be able to help you or know someone that can.
    Neal

Comment

Originally posted by allodaley View Post
      Hi all just joined the forum ,Looking forward to speaking with you guys ,Ive recently just bought a hilux surf 2.4 on j plate ,unfortunately my engine has now deloveped a whats been described as a terminal problem with the engine ,so really looking on advise of sourcing a new engine .
      Regards
      Shaun
      Hi and welcome, what is the terminal problem with the engine,?
      www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Hello and welcome

peace
        cal
        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Hi and welcome.
          Biohazzard has got a complete engine and head for sale and in good order.
          Can you give some idea on whats the problem with your engine and then we can help sort the problem.
          I have a short block from a 2.4 thats had i think it was about 85000m's on it that had a blown head.i will do the short block delivered for £230 for you.If interested give me a ring on 07974183876
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hello, there not to hard to sort out and theres plenty of help on here
            www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Right guys many thanks for the welcomes and the point in the right direction of finding a new engine ,Basically the terminal problem is the big ends gone ,Its making one hell of a noice problem on start up ,well after much coaxing to start up ,clearly its running on 3 cylinders ,loads of black smoke coming outta the exhaust ,but heres the thing when ive had a word with the folks i bought the car from they said they had a problem like that .Apparently one of the injector pipes had cracked and it was leaking fuel all over the place .He even told me the symptoms ,Cab shaking black smoke etc etc ,so im going to have a word with the mechanic who sorted the problem out for them last time .
              Thanks again guys
              Shaun

Comment

Originally posted by allodaley View Post
                Right guys many thanks for the welcomes and the point in the right direction of finding a new engine ,Basically the terminal problem is the big ends gone ,Its making one hell of a noice problem on start up ,well after much coaxing to start up ,clearly its running on 3 cylinders ,loads of black smoke coming outta the exhaust ,but heres the thing when ive had a word with the folks i bought the car from they said they had a problem like that .Apparently one of the injector pipes had cracked and it was leaking fuel all over the place .He even told me the symptoms ,Cab shaking black smoke etc etc ,so im going to have a word with the mechanic who sorted the problem out for them last time .
                Thanks again guys
                Shaun
                an injector seal gone will make one hell of a knock, have a look yourself first.

if a pipe has crcked you will see it and if an injector seal you should look around the base of the injector and should see what looks like black glass or hard black gum .

hope you get it sorted .
                john
                i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

hello there
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                  X