one thing after another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one thing after another

spent all week in between doing everything else trying to get surf ready for mot. Started off thought i needed exhaust, sourced one then realised i didnt need it. Should of looked properly. Then decided to find where that lovely puddle of oil on our and everybody else drives is coming from, oil filter leaking. Went for new one and it had to be the expensive of the 2, but only realised this when got home with first one. Then realised no rear fog light, definate fail so out comes bottom of dash found some wires that looked like old fog light switch wires, got the multi metre out ignition on no power So coffee and head scratching thinking needing to run fresh wires, when it hit me didnt have lights switched on so of course it wouldn't register on multi metre.went out put lights on and hey presto,now have rear fog.But this spurned me on to do all the irritating bits but drew a blank on interior lights they getting power but not coming on and no rear demist neither have ever worked since i bought surf. anybody any ideas or is it just me with another blond moment (i have many)
    Me........... NEVER

Originally posted by tillytops View Post
    spent all week in between doing everything else trying to get surf ready for mot. Started off thought i needed exhaust, sourced one then realised i didnt need it. Should of looked properly. Then decided to find where that lovely puddle of oil on our and everybody else drives is coming from, oil filter leaking. Went for new one and it had to be the expensive of the 2, but only realised this when got home with first one. Then realised no rear fog light, definate fail so out comes bottom of dash found some wires that looked like old fog light switch wires, got the multi metre out ignition on no power So coffee and head scratching thinking needing to run fresh wires, when it hit me didnt have lights switched on so of course it wouldn't register on multi metre.went out put lights on and hey presto,now have rear fog.But this spurned me on to do all the irritating bits but drew a blank on interior lights they getting power but not coming on and no rear demist neither have ever worked since i bought surf. anybody any ideas or is it just me with another blond moment (i have many)

is no rear fog a mot failure??? i didnt know that

Comment

Yup its a fail. rear demist is prob a broken wire in the tailgate part you need to strip it down and take a look.

Comment

been told on imports they have to have rear fog,how true this is not sure but don't want to risk it. Plus living where i do it's wise to have one its foggy an awful lot.
        Me........... NEVER

Comment

Originally posted by tillytops View Post
          been told on imports they have to have rear fog,how true this is not sure but don't want to risk it. Plus living where i do it's wise to have one its foggy an awful lot.
          damn, is there a lot involved in wiring up a rear fog??? as far as i know here if its not on it you cant fail but if its on and doesnt work then its a fail

Comment

its got to be on and working over here for mot but the fog light isn't required in Japan
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Not only do you have to have a rear foglight for the MOT, the switch which operates it must be illuminated and visible to the driver. UK models since 19 blob have this as standard, many foreign registered motors ( imports) will not.That is why we see those awful things dangling from bumpers on most Surfs

Bogus
              Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                Not only do you have to have a rear foglight for the MOT, the switch which operates it must be illuminated and visible to the driver. UK models since 19 blob have this as standard, many foreign registered motors ( imports) will not.That is why we see those awful things dangling from bumpers on most Surfs

Bogus
                didnt know about the switch being illuminated means i have to change that just put a simple plain black rocker switch in.And still figure interior lights at least that not a fail.
                Me........... NEVER

Comment

i thought all imports to get registered needed an mot and there fore should already have a rear fog fitted from when they where first registered in the uk.
                  are sure it hasn't been ripped off in the past and previous owner not replaced.
                  Remember arrows are silent.....................
                  Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post

Bogus
                    I would also add that the rear fog light should be fitted to the rear drivers side to, as ive had MOT testers be very pick about what side its fitted on.

Comment

Working...
                    X