2000 miles so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 miles so far

2000 miles …… this is how far I have cycled to work and back in a year and a half.

What has bugged me;

Drivers who pull out to avoid me but almost scrape me with their mirror as they go by and are then straddling white line in the middle of the road for the next 50 meters

Drivers who decide to squeeze through width restrictions while I am going through

Drivers who indicate right get bored waiting and turn left instead. ( one had me go over the front of their car)

Drivers who accelerate to 35 mph to pass me near the bottom of the hill then slam their brakes on at the junction expecting me to be able to stop with 2 little brakes!!

Drivers who don’t dip their lights !! they wouldn’t do it to me in my truck…

What I have loved;

The exercise

Saved Cash

My fitness

No traffic jams

The added energy I have at work and home!!

Anyone else taken to 2 wheels

Cheers Mark

No, but keep talking.. I want to
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Pffft bally cyclists think the Road
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Four legs

Seriously good on you, to many people dying of heart attacks. Unfortunately roads were built for cars they pay road tax and they think that gives them priority
        www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
          Four legs

Seriously good on you, to many people dying of heart attacks. Unfortunately roads were built for cars they pay road tax and they think that gives them priority
          Dont it??? well if we not i not paying then
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

When they act sensible i respect bikes when they ride like Tw@ts, cut you up, jump red lights and hog the road. I run them over
            www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

When they act sensible i respect bikes when they ride like Tw@ts, cut you up, jump red lights and hog the road. I run them over
              For 400 miles into work I tried to ride "how you should" but too many near misses. So I ride aggressivley and fully accept that I might get knocked off. But I don't cut up cars ( they will run you over) but I will be flat out down the middle of the road in slow traffic and at times be slightly head on to the on coming traffic. As for hogging the road....I avarage 19mph on the way into work and down the high street will keep out at door width but there is no point in going past me as you are going to run into a traffic jam at the far end, it still make me chuckle how many drivers beep then fly past me and 100 meters later have to slam on brake because of queing traffic and I sail past down the middle!!?? why?? F*ck wits

I am fully paid up with road tax but just choosing not to use truck to get to work
              Mark

Comment

Originally posted by pops View Post
                Pffft bally cyclists think the Road
                Translation please?

Comment

This is only a guess but i would say pops has started an early session and it's ment to read

Bl@ddy cyclist they think they own the road
                  www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

This is only a guess but i would say pops has started an early session and it's ment to read

Bl@ddy cyclist they think they own the road
                    Horse riders on the road are worse!!

Comment

good on you,i should really ride my bike more,only ride it in summer with kids atm

Comment

Working...
                      X