oil cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
    Nah, you're right. If you don't actually have a hot ATF issues, and just what to protect engine coolant temps occationally when towing, then a small cooler to take the worst of the temp out, then run it through the rad and it'll come out close to what Toyota wanted when designing it.

If you're regularly towing 1500kgs plus, or like to drive fast, especially on big tyres then you need more. I have a big B&M Super cooler, and the ATF fluid dosn't go anywhere near the rad anymore. But our truck is turning 33's on stock gears, and get used alot for towing heavy trailers.

You will actually have to go some to really over cool the tranny, but it designed to run at its best at quite a hot temp.
    the caravan is about 1800kg loaded,plus surf is fully loaded too,so where do i get one like yours tony?

Comment

I've had the atf light on several times while towing and one of those times was up to Vince's all while towing 2.5 - 3t.I got a oil cooler here ready to fit once i get round to it
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
        I think it's called a "TM2" I got it off ebay Australia. The Probe bolts ontot eh engine block and monitors the engine temp not collecnt temp. It is really sensitive, you can see it increasing on incline and decressing when you back off. Best of all it has a audible alarm which you set to the temp you wish, so no repeats of overheating and no need to continually watch the temp guage.
        Cheer's, i'll have a look
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by darkdezigns View Post
          the caravan is about 1800kg loaded,plus surf is fully loaded too,so where do i get one like yours tony?
          http://www.realsteel.co.uk/section11.pdf

Page 6.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            ty tony,which one would fit?and where?sorry to be a pain
            BY70264 Super Cooler 11" x 6" x 1-1/2" £62.47
            BY70268 Super Cooler 11" x 7-1/2" x 3/4" £53.25

Comment

Working...
            X