No announcement yet.

why you joined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I joined as a noob, funnily enough, because I was looking at all sorts of 4x4s, then I saw a Surf and thought, "Must have." Sought advice from Koi, Tony and the gang. Despite their best advice I went ahead and bought from the dealer. The truck (a 2.4) ran faultlessly for 4 years, until the cam belt snapped!

This forum also gave me the confidence to wield the spanners. Six years down the line I have skinned knuckles and trigger finger (so it is all your fault).

I met a few folk from the forum, at Devils Pit, Salisbury Plain and Sibbertoft. Other things took priority for a while and I drift back from time to time. The forum has been through rough patches before and no doubt will again. I am pleased to be back as a contributor again.

I am now own my second Surf, a 3.0L KZN130 SSR-V Limited but I miss all the gizmos that I had on the 2.4 SSR-X. Oh, and despite saying that I would not offroad this one, I will be spending tomorrow cleaning my rad', which looks like it has been turfed and getting the water out ouf the headlamps..........
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil View Post
      I joined as a noob, funnily enough, because I was looking at all sorts of 4x4s, then I saw a Surf and thought, "Must have." Sought advice from Koi, Tony and the gang. Despite their best advice I went ahead and bought from the dealer. The truck (a 2.4) ran faultlessly for 4 years, until the cam belt snapped!

This forum also gave me the confidence to wield the spanners. Six years down the line I have skinned knuckles and trigger finger (so it is all your fault).

I met a few folk from the forum, at Devils Pit, Salisbury Plain and Sibbertoft. Other things took priority for a while and I drift back from time to time. The forum has been through rough patches before and no doubt will again. I am pleased to be back as a contributor again.
      I am now own my second Surf, a 3.0L KZN130 SSR-V Limited but I miss all the gizmos that I had on the 2.4 SSR-X. Oh, and despite saying that I would not offroad this one, I will be spending tomorrow cleaning my rad', which looks like it has been turfed and getting the water out ouf the headlamps..........
      It's good to have you back phil
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto View Post
        It's good to have you back phil

Thanks mate.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

World famous forum

My two centavos worth,

I was looking at lots of 4x4s, specifically Pajero and Hyundai Galloper, but I always had a dream to own a diesel Hilux...

One look at this forum sealed the truck`s fate as I knew I could get great help and support if I needed it.

I`ve never found the forum to be anything but supportive, patient and a huge source of useful information.

Actually I`m considering swapping the car for a Hilux Surf when we arrive in the UK, 80% because of the huge support it seems to have.

Long live hiluxsurf.co.uk!
          Jon.

Comment

Brought a surf, wanted to know more about it. This was the only web site that kept coming up on google. The rest is history.

Comment

i joined to get some info on my surf, found huge amounts of useful stuff on here, got parts and all sorts! Cheers abdy!!

the forum is damn good but is heading the same way as a landy forum i used to frequent, every new thread just turns into arguments, flaming and how its not as good as it used to be, got a bit tedious. there must be a forum life cycle!!

Comment

Purchased a very good looking 4x4 for an astronomical figure (can some of you remember when we had to pay for our trucks, and they weren't given away in a cerial packet, or at least that's how it feels nowadays). Couldn't get the 30mpg that the dealer told me I'd get with a 2.4, as the 3.0's were very thirsty (dealer packed up tents very soon after, with alot of people trying to find him).

Spent 3 days searching the web and eventually found Codlords site (this one didn't even get a google hit at the time). His site had a link for here, and the rest is old history. Before anyone mentions Goose I was called maverick due to my work technique and not my ability to get the company cars flying, although...................... .........

I've been here through ups and downs, billy and others. Still log in pretty much everyday, thanks to being able to either delete my posts before sending, or just walking away. Also my slim grip on reality helps.
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                  Also my slim grip on reality helps.
                  HAH!
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                  X