Stuff paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff paypal

They can fcuk off for me. The only reason I opened an account with them is that I'm looking for a caravan and they were, I thought, an easy way to pay.
    I Duly gave them my credit card details and thought that was it, only to find that I have credit and transaction limits put on that are rediculous. It seems that to get the limits raised they want my bank details. Not a chance!
    This allied with the problems my daughter and son-in-law are having with them
    has made me close the account.
    They cocked up with my details the first time I tried to open an account with them. It was only because of the possible caravan purchase that I opened the account this time and a £1K per year limit wont buy bugger all that you'd want to sleep in. There was a £1.7K limit on selling as well. That was per annum not per transaction.
    Well they wont be getting any commission out of me, fcuk em.
    Brummie
    I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Hi mate, once you have verified your card, the limits should come of, my bank account is not linked to paypal, and i have no problems with them, it is actually illegal in Greece to pay over the phone or internet with a debit card, also to link accounts with paypal, so rather than use my credit card, i have a virtual card linked to paypal. Paypal charges are a rip of, so its best to pay a small deposit by paypal, then cash on collection.
    www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

To late now, with the automated crap they sent me and whats going on with my daughter I,ve closed the account. I,ll pay by cash or cheque and fcuk em

Comment

lol take a chill pill mate!
        paypal are very good AND very safe. its know world wide for its safey and ease of use.
        you just have to click on the "verify bank account" tab and put your details in. then it will pay an amount under £1 into your bank account. then you ring or go into your bank or check your account online to see the exact amount they paid into your account.
        then you simply go back onto paypal and enter the same amount as proof of verification of your banck account.
        its standard rountine to give them your bank account details mate.
        they are one of the most trust worthy money transfer sites on planet earth!

Comment

The big thing is under no circumstances will I enter my bank details to anything on line. I will not use internet banking or anything like it. I suppose I'm a dinosaur or at best a luddite but its just something that I will not under any circumstances do. If something needs my bank details on line to activate it, it wont happen.

Brummie

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
            The big thing is under no circumstances will I enter my bank details to anything on line. I will not use internet banking or anything like it. I suppose I'm a dinosaur or at best a luddite but its just something that I will not under any circumstances do. If something needs my bank details on line to activate it, it wont happen.

Brummie
            thats fair enough then mate.
            i used to be like that. but once you pop you cant stop! lol
            come over to the dark side mate! its 2009! lol

Comment

So you don't trust them enough to give them your bank details but expect them to pay someone thousands of pounds on your behalf ? Hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                So you don't trust them enough to give them your bank details but expect them to pay someone thousands of pounds on your behalf ? Hmmmm
                NO but what I do expect them to do is
                1. Check that the credit card details are correct.
                2. Check that the credit card company is going to pay them before they complete the transaction.

Thats what happened when I used a card to buy a car a few years ago. But that wasn't through paypal.

Comment

NEVER allow anyone to pay you via paypal if they then collect in person as there is a well know scam going on,
                  1 you receive prompt payment and good comms from the buyer, they ask for you phone number to sort out collection.
                  2, they turn up on time and collect.
                  3, as you go to leave positive feedback you notice a mail from them sent just after they collected, it asks you to send as agreed over the phone
                  4, you mail asking what it is all about, they say, "what do you mean you said you will send as agreed??
                  5, after a week or so they raise a dispute.
                  6, paypal (ebay) asks you to prove it was sent.
                  7, obviously you cannot therefore paypal give them there monies back!
                  8, you spend the next year fighting paypal to get your cash back! This cost you further monies you will never see!

Not quite the same as your issue but a warning to others anyway...
                  Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                    NEVER allow anyone to pay you via paypal if they then collect in person as there is a well know scam going on,
                    1 you receive prompt payment and good comms from the buyer, they ask for you phone number to sort out collection.
                    3, as you go to leave positive feedback you notice a mail from them sent just after they collected, it asks you to send as agreed over the phone
                    4, you mail asking what it is all about, they say, "what do you mean you said you will send as agreed??
                    8, you spend the next year fighting paypal to get your cash back! This cost you further monies you will never see!

and there i am trying to earn a living as a builder. if only i knew it was that easy!

theres a better scam than that one. was on the news a while ago.
                    shit ive forgotton it!!
                    the basic jist was that you get an email from paypal....only its not paypal! its a vertually identicle page to paypal. a copy if you like. it looks JUST like paypal. same everthing.
                    oooh oooh i remember now!!! lol
                    you type in your paypal username and then your password and abra cadabra!! they now have your paypal details and they withdraw/transfer any money you have in your bank account!

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                      and there i am trying to earn a living as a builder. if only i knew it was that easy!

shit ive forgotton it!!
                      the basic jist was that you get an email from paypal....only its not paypal! its a vertually identicle page to paypal. a copy if you like. it looks JUST like paypal. same everthing.
                      you type in your paypal username and then your password and abra cadabra!! they now have your paypal details and they withdraw/transfer any money you have in your bank account!
                      Jeeze, you really think people would do that?
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                        Jeeze, you really think people would do that?
                        do what? make the scam up or fill in the details?

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post

shit ive forgotton it!!

That's one is well old your news person is a few years out of date ;-) most Phishing filters (i.e. internet explorer 8) will block it.
                          http://www.millersmiles.co.uk/identi...email-scam.php
                          Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post

We had quite a business going with ebay/paypal with regular income till being hit by two similar scams at the same time, basically after selling for over a year with 100% pos feedback these disputes caused our accounts to be frozen for almost six months, end of business, also once we got back our frozen £1000 we decided pay/ebay wasn't worth the trouble and haven't traded online since. H

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post

Brummie
                              Do you use a cheque book?

If so, you are routinely giving out your bank details (account number, sort code) as they are printed on the front of your cheque and a sample of your signature.

And it you order something over the phone with a card you are giving out the account number, start/expire date and the 3 digit security number off the back of the card.
                              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Working...
                              X