@bushwacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
    is the lexus drivable?if so then you drive the lexus to Vince and i'll take the surf for you on the trailer
    yeah but then i cant get home! and i would have to mot and tax it.
    i think ive sorted it now. see my last post.

Comment

Worth a go GC, just don't rag it so it's got a decent chance of making it down there.

Think you had better cadge a few empty 2 litre fizzy pop bottles for emergency water supplies

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by That Ruddy Squirrel View Post
        Worth a go GC, just don't rag it so it's got a decent chance of making it down there.

Think you had better cadge a few empty 2 litre fizzy pop bottles for emergency water supplies

Trev
        do you reckon it would be ok? because if i drive my surf them i could tow the lex myself then! lol
        or would that be asking to much of a nackered engine? lol
        how would that go down with the RAC if i told them i need a tow but by the way the car i was towing will also need towing!? lol

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
          do you reckon it would be ok? because if i drive my surf them i could tow the lex myself then! lol
          or would that be asking to much of a nackered engine? lol
          how would that go down with the RAC if i told them i need a tow but by the way the car i was towing will also need towing!? lol
          I reckon you should get Rich to take the Lexus, you run with the Surf, but go in convoy so if it goes Pete Tong you got mobile help.

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by That Ruddy Squirrel View Post
            I reckon you should get Rich to take the Lexus, you run with the Surf, but go in convoy so if it goes Pete Tong you got mobile help.

Trev
            I'm happy to do that and if the surf does go bang then at least it can be towed at the recovery's own pace and not have to get it there in a day or 2 and can take a few days if needed.For a dew extra ££'s i'll take you back to Surrey or the welsh/english border lol
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'm happy to do that and if the surf does go bang then at least it can be towed at the recovery's own pace and not have to get it there in a day or 2 and can take a few days if needed.For a dew extra ££'s i'll take you back to Surrey or the welsh/english border lol
              yeah i think you two are making the most sense.
              would be nice to see just how strong my surf is by towing the lex with a ####ed head 200 miles! lol but i know my luck. it will blow up...i would crash....the lex would go flying up my arse and into the back of my head whilst landing in a ditch filled with cow ####!

Rich, how much did you say you wanted to pick the car up, take it to Vince and drop me home again? email me if ya like on that one.

oh by the way Vince.....my surf hasnt had a body lift. will this be a problem? its had 3-4" on the front via bj's and torsion bars and a tad more on the back with LC springs.
              if its going to be a major pain in the arse then i can buy a lift kit and pay something extra to put the body lift kit in??

Comment

dont waste money on kseal, 2 eggs is just as good

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  dont waste money on kseal, 2 eggs is just as good
                  well it only cost £9.99 and i have it here next to me. aslong as it gets me from A-B just the once then im happy.
                  if not then its the RAC.

Comment

pm sent mate

Comment

You could try uship.com they bid on shipping your car for you, bit like the delivery service someone mentioned a few weeks back to transport gearbox on a pallet.
                      Or rent a cartransporter for the day, says from £88 and based in london.
                      Put the ls400 engine and all Vince needs in the back and drive it down.
                      www.icanhire.com/car_transporter.php

Not sure about the rating as says 1400kgs ??????
                      Remember arrows are silent.....................
                      Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
                        You could try uship.com they bid on shipping your car for you, bit like the delivery service someone mentioned a few weeks back to transport gearbox on a pallet.
                        Or rent a cartransporter for the day, says from £88 and based in london.
                        Put the ls400 engine and all Vince needs in the back and drive it down.
                        www.icanhire.com/car_transporter.php

Not sure about the rating as says 1400kgs ??????
                        thanks for that mate! ill look into it. i didnt realise you could hire those flatbeds? shame about the weight limit though as the surf is about 1750kg.
                        would be ok for the lex though.
                        and i'd rather give vince the whole car as opposed to taking it apart. that way he will have everything he needs for sure. also he can then break the lex afterwards to get some money back and save me a few extra notes.

Comment

would be handy if Vince was actually online! lol

Comment

Somebody call?

The Lexus weighs almost the same as a Surf by the way.

Comment

Jay.Go to www.shiply.com as you can place a ad for bids to get the car taken there for you.I reacon you will get it there for about £150.You can choose from whichever bidders you want to take it for you.

Comment

Jay.Go to www.shiply.com as you can place a ad for bids to get the car taken there for you.I reacon you will get it there for about £150.You can choose from whichever bidders you want to take it for you.
                                Jaygo? Thats a little kit based jeep is'nt it?
                                monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X