Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @bushwacker

hello vince.
    just wondering if you were serious about possibly doing the V8 conversion for me?
    if so then i have a few questions for you and im also putting on hold buying a decent Lexus thats available till i know if your able to do another conversion?
    can you let me know ASAP please mate. cheers.
    Jay
    Last edited by goodcat; 23 November 2009, 20:40.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

You missed a 'H' out of Bushwhacker
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
        hello vince.
        just wondering if you were serious about possibly doing the V8 conversion for me?
        if so then i have a few questions for you and im also putting on hold buying a decent Lexus thats available till i know if your able to do another conversion?
        can you let me know ASAP please mate. cheers.
        Jay
        Yes mate, I can start another one from the begining of December.

Comment

Damn I was hoping my cam belt would snap so I could talk wifey into another V8. I'll have to think of another way of breaking it now.
          Then when I take it to Vince I can go see my Mum in Newport, Bonus.
          Hey Vince do you reckon you could fit one of them in my blue truck.
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
            Damn I was hoping my cam belt would snap so I could talk wifey into another V8. I'll have to think of another way of breaking it now.
            Then when I take it to Vince I can go see my Mum in Newport, Bonus.
            Hey Vince do you reckon you could fit one of them in my blue truck.
            Yep, you'll have to take the wheels off though. 5" max lift to get it into my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Yep, you'll have to take the wheels off though. 5" max lift to get it into my garage.
              Damn mine has 16" of lift without the wheels. Can't you raise your roof or wait till summer and do it outside.
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Damn mine has 16" of lift without the wheels. Can't you raise your roof or wait till summer and do it outside.
                I'm on the look-out for a rentable unit/garage if I have more than two more of these conversions to do, I'll make sure they have feckin' tall doors on them.

Comment

I'm on the look-out for a rentable unit/garage if I have more than two more of these conversions to do, I'll make sure they have feckin' tall doors on them.
                  Ooh that would be good.
                  What do you think to LC 4.5 V8 and running gear would that work.
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Ooh that would be good.
                    What do you think to LC 4.5 V8 and running gear would that work.
                    Thats a huge iron block on those, don't what size/weight they are.

Comment

Thats a huge iron block on those, don't what size/weight they are.
                      Ok I did'nt know that.
                      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Ok I did'nt know that.
                        One other problem re: the running gear is that Landcruisers have off-set front and rear axles.

What year 4.5? do you mean the diesel?

Comment

So experience with the Lexus has given you the confidence to attempt most V8 conversions then?

Lancia 8.32 like I mentioned a bit back? I cant get the idea of a Ferrari V8 powered Surf out of my head
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

One other problem re: the running gear is that Landcruisers have off-set front and rear axles.

What year 4.5? do you mean the diesel?
                            Have no idea what year and I meant the petrol.

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            So experience with the Lexus has given you the confidence to attempt most V8 conversions then?

Lancia 8.32 like I mentioned a bit back? I cant get the idea of a Ferrari V8 powered Surf out of my head
                            Andy did you see that vid I posted in the impressive thread.
                            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Yeah, I find it all pretty straight forward now as I can seperate the engine/transmission4wd/ electrics from the rest of the truck.

Re: the Lancia V8, it's not much more powerful than what you have now....
                              3.0 V8, 32V, 2927 cc 205 PS (151 kW; 202 hp) @6750 rpm 263 N·m (194 lb·ft) @5000 rpm 1989-1992
                              Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 22 November 2009, 21:52.

Comment

Working...
                              X