Nutcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutcase

Hello all, I'm in the market for another car (again) and went to see one last night. I want to (a) check that this bloke is nuts, not me and (b) share the joke assuming I'm right. See email chain below:

> To:
    > Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:24 PM
    > Subject: RE: 'T SPARK 2.0 LUSSO'>
    >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > This looks like a nice car that you've spent a lot on. Why are you
    > > selling it at quite a low price? Are there any problems with the
    > > suspension?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Adam

> To:
    > Subject: Re: 'T SPARK 2.0 LUSSO> Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:57:01 +0000
    >
    > Adam
    >
    > Thanks for the interest.
    >
    > The money was spent by the previous owner who was a bit of a fusspot and
    > liked to maintain it in A1 condition. I have it as I had to sell one of our
    > 2 cars, namely our Audi TT, to cover my mother's nursing home fees as the
    > overdraft was getting dangerous. So I took a sum of money and the Alfa in an
    > exchnage deal I was very happy with as I had struggled to sell our TT as it
    > was high value in today's climate.
    >
    > It is in lovely condition as stated in the ad, and I have found nothing
    > wrong with it all all. In fact if I did not need the money I would keep it
    > as it has been so well maintained and looks so good inside and out. I have
    > advertised it as the price just to recover what I knocked off my TT for it.
    > The suspension is fine. It has had no accident damage and the respray was
    > for purely cosmetic reasons. It passed it's MOT with no advisory notice
    > which is a very good indication of it's condition.
    >
    > I have just returned froma week abroad and currently someone is due to have
    > a look on Sat and 2 people on Sund. If you would like to have a look before
    > then you are very welcome. I am in Wimbledon Village SW19. Day or evening
    > (up till 10pm) is fine. My view is that the first viewer will buy it as one
    > would have to search long and hard to find better. If someone is a distance
    > away it is definately worth travelling for.
    >
    > Do write or call if you have any further questions.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Peter

To:
    Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:43 PM
    Subject: RE: 'T SPARK 2.0 LUSSO
    Peter,

I think it's certainly worth me coming to take a look. I am working in South London today, so could some and see it tonight at about seven. I take it you're within walking distance of the tube and the car's somewhere reasonably well lit?

If you could let me have your address, I will see you there at seven.

Thanks

Adam

After seeing it last night and saying I wouldn't be buying it...

To:
    Subject: Re: 'T SPARK 2.0 LUSSO'
    Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 23:08:12 +0000

adam
    a tyre and mirror are £100...£120 max
    car has had £2000 recent spend cambelt, major service, respray
    it's car to keep for at least 5 years
    you need to take more realistic approach
    peter

To:
    Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 10:57 AM
    Subject: RE: 'T SPARK 2.0 LUSSO

Peter,

Thank you for your time last night. I'm sorry you felt that I was wasting your time but the car wasn't quite in the condition I thought it was going to be and buying it was just a little risky for my taste.

With four different tyres on it, there was no way for me to see how it had been wearing them and the fact that it got through an MOT with no advisories when one of the tyres was past its wear bars makes me wonder how thoroughly they looked at the rest of the car.

I was also a bit worried that the header tank on the cooling system had nothing in it.

On balance though, and for the price you're asking, it is almost certainly worth someone taking a punt on it. I was probably 90% sure that there was nothing major wrong with it but I have neither the time nor the space to carry out a series of small jobs.

I hope you find success selling it this weekend and I don't doubt that someone with a little more stomach will snap it up, spend a couple of hundred fixing it and enjoy it for many years.

You may well be right that I need to be more realistic but, as I said, I think the adjusment I need to make is to expect to pay a bit more, rather than expect a bit less. As I said, I have bought a fair few cars privately over the last few years and have always managed to find one that fits the bill.

Good luck with your viewings at the weekend.

Adam

Sent: 20 November 2009 16:25:12
    To:

adam
    i checked the tyre this morning, it currently is legal
    there is no way in the world that mots are mickey mouse things nowadays
    you are mad to read anything into the fact that the rad was not topped up
    in short, u are a tinewasting piece of rubbish people need protecting from
    you know the price of all but the value of nothing
    i pity you
    now kindly #### off

He wasn't too pleased you didn't buy then! ya done the right thing in my view, plus never buy one at night! was this bloke from nigiera?
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

.....now kindly #### off

classic
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        He wasn't too pleased you didn't buy then! ya done the right thing in my view, plus never buy one at night! was this bloke from nigiera?
        Nope. North Wales.

I made him take it to a petrol station so I could get a good look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
          Nope. North Wales.

I made him take it to a petrol station so I could get a good look at it.

North wales...that explains a lot, shifty bunch the lot of us! now, anyone want to buy rolex?

Comment

I do believe you have yourself a bonafide brass plated nutter there. Safest option seems to be public transport
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

If I were you I would write an email saying on balance you may have been a bit rash. I would ask to meet again at a time and place that would more than a little annoying for him. I would then fail to show, pour myself a drink and reply to his "f off" email with a smile on my face.

Edit: nice to know your still alive Paul
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by stoo View Post
                North wales...that explains a lot, shifty bunch the lot of us! now, anyone want to buy rolex?

Are you the guy I bought a ticking rolex from last xmas at broughton services, if so could I order 4 more please.

oO

peace
                cal
                Last edited by Calos; 20 November 2009, 23:23.
                Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

OMG what a rude prick!
                  did he honestly think that after having a go at you, that you would then come back and buy if off him??!?!! jesus some people ay!
                  i wouldnt of bothered writing back to him in the first palce but hey.
                  get a mate to ring him up and do the same thing! hahahahaha

Comment

I agree. People need protecting from him
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Yes it seemed like the perfect car except it mysteriously had 4 different tyres? Hmm???......
                      A headcase and he seemed pretty desperate to get rid. Dodgy.
                      Reckon you avoided a lemon there.

Comment

Working...
                      X