Wet weather.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet weather.....

Being a 4x4 virgin, is it ok to use the 4x4 in really wet weather? on the roads like

Originally posted by Bonniebanks View Post
    Being a 4x4 virgin, is it ok to use the 4x4 in really wet weather? on the roads like
    Depends what Surf you have.
    My crystal ball is cracked.

Comment

YES .........check depthwater before wading the air intake is behind the passenger side headlight ,

Sorry if you have a 2nd gen only when in deep water ......3rd gen all the time
      Last edited by BioHazard; 18 November 2009, 22:42.
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
        YES .........check depthwater before wading the air intake is behind the passenger side headlight ,

Sorry if you have a 2nd gen only when in deep water ......3rd gen all the time
        its a 2nd gen, so like if its really wet weather, road is saturated (not flooded) i cant use the 4x4? I'm finding on nights like tonight when i take a corner the back end is kicking out.

Comment

its a 2nd gen, so like if its really wet weather, road is saturated (not flooded) i cant use the 4x4? I'm finding on nights like tonight when i take a corner the back end is kicking out.
          I'd suggest taking the corners a little slower then and no you can't use
          4x4 on tarmac, wet or otherwise, without risk of damage to transmission

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
            I'd suggest taking the corners a little slower then and no you can't use
            4x4 on tarmac, wet or otherwise, without risk of damage to transmission
            FFS what good is a 4x4 if you canne use it in the rain

Comment

4x4 or 4wd?

Don't use 4wd unless the roads are very slippery, which they aren't just now. Your back end slides out because you are driving too quickly.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Crap tyres .....get some bfg's or grabbers

Comment

FFS, too late again. Shirley was yapping!
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    4x4 or 4wd?

Don't use 4wd unless the roads are very slippery, which they aren't just now. Your back end slides out because you are driving too quickly.
                    4wd. ffs I was crawling round the corners too lol

Comment

FFS what good is a 4x4 if you canne use it in the rain
                      Why would it be needed on wet tarmac? It's hardly as if you're going to get bogged down or suchlike. About as much use as a zipper on a johnny.

Comment

4wd. ffs I was crawling round the corners too lol
                        Sell it and use your Merc then.

ffs!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          Sell it and use your Merc then.

ffs!
                          selt it

Comment

What tyres are on the rear ....if they are old jap ones you have no hope of grip

Comment

Working...
                            X