Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone genned-up in electronics?

Hi,
    Is there anyone, or do you know of anyone who knows about resistors, capacitors, relays, circuit boards, etc? I don't mind a consultancy fee if it's professional help.... I need a circuit to provide inputs to a vehicles E.C.U. Details are in a previous post regarding throttle position sensor / circuit help
    thanks a lot.... David

if you have got the circuit and component list i could build it for you, i was an electronic engineer in a previous life.

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
      if you have got the circuit and component list
      You're hoping for a touch much there.

Comment

thank you, "soramad", but it's the circuit and component details that I actually need. Doesn't seem to be too complicated.... there is a relay that operates at exactly 4.5 volts, but I fall just short of that at a max. wide-open voltage of 4.45 volts! I also need a signal for when the voltage is lower than 1.2 volts....that is more difficult to achieve! So, can anyone help?

Comment

what is the supply voltage?, where is the supply voltage coming from ie battery, power supply, etc? if the power supply voltage/current is lower than the voltage/current required to drive the relay then you are on a loser straight away, making a circuit to detect a low voltage is relatively simple i have designed and made these types of circuits for quite a few battery operated systems but at 1.2 volts you would only light a LED as an alarm possibly a little buzzer dependent on the available current.

Comment

See here
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

ah now it becomes clearer,so the first thing that comes to mind is two smit triggers that operate at the correct threshold voltage either switching a power transistor or a relay bringing in the 12 volts, will give it some more thought and see what i can find c-mos wise, i may be away some time

Comment

Schmitt.

Comment

No need for that! It was a reasonable remark!

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                    Schmitt.
                    you know what i meant but to those that did'nt it would'nt really worry them.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      No need for that! It was a reasonable remark!

Originally posted by soramad View Post
                      you know what i meant but to those that did'nt it would'nt really worry them.
                      I know, but I couldn't honestly class myself as a pedant if I had let that one slide.

Comment

Working...
                      X