"Don't be impulsive"- yeah right!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Don't be impulsive"- yeah right!!!

Despite the wise words of Dabigman, we've been and gone and done it - bought a Surf that is!
    Black and silver, 72,000 miles, 1997 P reg SSR-X Limited.
    Seems to have all the bells and whistles on it, including that natty rear drop down parking mirror - good for smacking people who stand too close I presume!
    What it didn't have was the adjustable suspension - but what the hell, its black and silver!!
    I suppose I should add that my wife and I were originally looking (2 weeks ago) for a 1991/92 2.4 at less than £5k, until we found this website!
    It's an absolute mine of useful information, even though it led to us spending double our original budget!
    We hope to pick up our Surf in the next ten days and look forward to the "grin factor"!
    Thanks again for all the information on the site and especially to Matt (Dabigman) who tried to talk some sense into me!!
    Keith

nice one... cheers for the call (was getting pub quiz answer calls at the time!)... see you cruising through tadley soon!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by s2-wolf
      Despite the wise words of Dabigman, we've been and gone and done it - bought a Surf that is!
      We will need piccy's as soon as poss!

Black and silver, 72,000 miles, 1997 P reg SSR-X Limited.
      Seems to have all the bells and whistles on it, including that natty rear drop down parking mirror - good for smacking people who stand too close I presume!
      Also handy for seeing whats rolling around in the boot

What it didn't have was the adjustable suspension - but what the hell, its black and silver!!
      3rd gen dosnt have the adjustable suspension, but after driving both the 2nd and 3rd, the 3rd is comparable to sport/hard on the 2nd

I suppose I should add that my wife and I were originally looking (2 weeks ago) for a 1991/92 2.4 at less than £5k, until we found this website!
      It's an absolute mine of useful information, even though it led to us spending double our original budget!
      You've got the 'yotasurf' bug

We hope to pick up our Surf in the next ten days and look forward to the "grin factor"!
      9 Months now and still grinning.

Thanks again for all the information on the site and especially to Matt (Dabigman) who tried to talk some sense into me!!

Fish
      If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

3rd gen dosnt have the adjustable suspension, but after driving both the 2nd and 3rd, the 3rd is comparable to sport/hard on the 2nd

It does have adjustable suspension like all the surfs, maybe it was not specified at birth.

Comment

[QUOTE=andy]What it didn't have was the adjustable suspension - but what the hell, its black and silver!!

It does have adjustable suspension like all the surfs, maybe it was not specified at birth.[/QUOTE]

Adjustable suspension is standard on the 3rd Gen SSR-G AFAIK, optional and frequentally fitted to other models too.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
          X