Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water injection

hi all
    I was wondering what the opinion on the subject of water injection is as it seems to me that if it is viable the whole thing might be a better option and easier to fit than an intercooler.

Many water injection systems use a mixture of water and alcohol (approximately 50/50), with trace amounts of water-soluble oil. The water provides the primary cooling effect due to its great density and high heat absorption properties. The alcohol is combustible, and also serves as an antifreeze for the water. The purpose of the oil is to prevent corrosion of water injection and fuel system components. [1] Because the alcohol mixed into the injection solution is often methanol (CH3OH), the system is known as methanol-water injection,In a piston engine, the initial injection of water cools the fuel-air mixture significantly, which increases its density and hence the amount of mixture that enters the cylinder. An additional effect comes later during combustion when the water absorbs large amounts of heat as it vaporizes, reducing peak temperature and resultant NOx formation, and reducing the amount of heat energy absorbed into the cylinder walls. The alcohol in the mixture burns, but is also much more resistant to detonation than gasoline. The net result is a higher octane charge that will support very high compression ratios or significant forced induction pressures before onset of detonation.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

a bit of a toss up as to whether I could make better use of the alcohol or the truck.

Comment

one 5ml spoonful of methanol will kill you in a fewhours.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

No single thing is going to make a vast difference. You're making incremental mods which, when totalled together, will all add up. Do all the mods you can if you're after extra power.

Comment

one thing that i have done is to bypass the hot water supply to the inlet manifold and i am toying with the idea of running it through the aircon rad as the ac doesnt work then back through the inlet manifold I know it wont be as efficient as a chargecooler but it would bring the inlet temp down and also offer more cooling capacity

Comment

Hmmm Interesting, may have a chat eith you about that...............
              nigel
              Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Comment

Working...
              X