12 volt air compressors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
    Yeah, it's a sweet little thing! Just the job for filling my Air rifle.
    It's less than half the size of my Pony!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Scuba tank mounted under the rear where the spare goes sounds good idea.
      Remember arrows are silent.....................
      Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
        Scuba tank mounted under the rear where the spare goes sounds good idea.
        You'd need to armour it very well, having the valve body come off a tank with 232barg of air in it would be an interesting situation.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I use this one mate. £41 delivered.

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/NEW%...L%5FOFFER.html

That one takes my tyres from 8psi back to road pressure 30psi in around 1min per tyre. It does this in one hit no over heating.

You but a twin pump one for double the price, runs to the same 150psi just a quicker higher liter per min
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            You'd need to armour it very well, having the valve body come off a tank with 232barg of air in it would be an interesting situation.
            Could be rather amusing to watch though.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
              Could be rather amusing to watch though.
              Yeah, from a distance.
              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                Yeah, from a distance.
                That's what video cameras are for. Let someone else take the risk and then watch it later.

Comment

Personally i wouldn't want the air tank inside the truck, mounted mine under it so if the worst happens etc! also whatever you use as a tank make sure you habe a good quality pressure release and and shut off valve/switch
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

What about an air receiver from an old compressor. Something around 24litre. You have already got all the inlets , outlets, drain plugs that you would want/need, plus it will have a PSV ( safety valve) or bursting disc fitted. A Scuba or BA tank is not a great idea. A steel one would certainly be very robust as they are designed to hold pressures around 240 bar, and therefore have a wall thickness that will be decent enough to allow for a bit of corrosion and the odd stone chip ding but they only have one combined inlet / outlet so it becomes less than practical.
                    On a personal level, I think the 12v compressor in the boot is best solution. On board air using the a/c compressor and an appropriate receiver might be "nice" to have and fun to do, and impress the neighbours, but the 12v compressor is the simple solution, and sorry Ian, (Popeye) I know you have on board air, and for your purposes ( the step for your missus ? ) it may be a better solution than the 12v gizmo, but for inflating tyres, beds, footballs, whatever the portable 12v compressor, with no receiver, is in my view the way to go.

Bogus
                    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post

That one takes my tyres from 8psi back to road pressure 30psi in around 1min per tyre. It does this in one hit no over heating.

You but a twin pump one for double the price, runs to the same 150psi just a quicker higher liter per min
                      I have the exact same one as Yoshie - had it a while now and I am very pleased with its performance. Pumps up big tyres and quick.

So is my mate who borrows it all the bl00dy time lol.

Portable is best - as stated it can be used elsewhere very easily.
                      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                        What about an air receiver from an old compressor. Something around 24litre. You have already got all the inlets , outlets, drain plugs that you would want/need, plus it will have a PSV ( safety valve) or bursting disc fitted. A Scuba or BA tank is not a great idea. A steel one would certainly be very robust as they are designed to hold pressures around 240 bar, and therefore have a wall thickness that will be decent enough to allow for a bit of corrosion and the odd stone chip ding but they only have one combined inlet / outlet so it becomes less than practical.
                        On a personal level, I think the 12v compressor in the boot is best solution. On board air using the a/c compressor and an appropriate receiver might be "nice" to have and fun to do, and impress the neighbours, but the 12v compressor is the simple solution, and sorry Ian, (Popeye) I know you have on board air, and for your purposes ( the step for your missus ? ) it may be a better solution than the 12v gizmo, but for inflating tyres, beds, footballs, whatever the portable 12v compressor, with no receiver, is in my view the way to go.

Bogus
                        your quite right Alex, for normal pumping up tyres etx a direct comp would do fine, i just wanted a "ready" air supply so i could opperate the step without waiting for the comp to do it on it's own, all depends wot you want air for!

there are some cheap mains comps on ebay, (seen em go for around 15-20 quid before,) the tank from one of them would do ya, if you are useing a reciever tho make sure the comp you buy is rated 100% duty cycle, unlike the cheap ones,

i'm just looking at useing a halfords jobby to power an airbrush, as my mains one's a bit heavy and the reg packed up,
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post

yep like the look of that one and if you say it works thats good enough for me thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
                            I have the exact same one as Yoshie - had it a while now and I am very pleased with its performance. Pumps up big tyres and quick.

So is my mate who borrows it all the bl00dy time lol.

Portable is best - as stated it can be used elsewhere very easily.
                            And me, everyone who sees / uses it is always impressed.
                            I Love Wales

Comment

When i was a lad at work in welwyn garden city my bosses sent me in a passat estate to BOC north london to collect 2 of the big 5' tall cylinders full of nitrogen. Weighed the back down a bit and made me hoop shrink driving back hoping no one hit me from behind......imagine setting those of would have been the fastest passat in the south......
                              Lads at work got worried to as it was the same day armed raiders attacked the other BOC plant and stole the payroll.......
                              Thought i was held hostage but just took me time and stopped at ronnies for lunch.
                              Bet they don't do collections by car anymore.
                              Remember arrows are silent.....................
                              Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Working...
                              X