12 volt air compressors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 volt air compressors

is there a 12 v tyre inflator that actually work s on 4x4 s that doesnt cost the earth ?
    have tried 2 or 3 of the halfords pumps but they all take forever just to top up a tyre .a tyre fitter that i use at work suggested that i use my A/C and an old fire extinguisher and make an on board tyre inflator .he has done a lot of off roading and that's what he used .as i have removed all the A/C from my car i would prefer a 12 v job if poss . so what do you all use .
    steve

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/r...-inflator.aspx
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

A lot of the guys in the states use an old scuba tank, or firemans breathing tank, once filled it will air up your tyres and run tools for a while.
      I think some fire stations will refill them, or maybe BOC would. This is the setup I want. The gauge setup is the costly bit.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
        A lot of the guys in the states use an old scuba tank, or firemans breathing tank, once filled it will air up your tyres and run tools for a while.
        I think some fire stations will refill them, or maybe BOC would. This is the setup I want. The gauge setup is the costly bit.
        Talking about the SCUBA Tank only; to get it filled, it would need to be certified, to get it certified, one has to be a certified SCUBA diver.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Talking about the SCUBA Tank only; to get it filled, it would need to be certified, to get it certified, one has to be a certified SCUBA diver.
          I keep forgetting about rules. I suppose that applies to CO2 as well?
          Could use Nitrogen, BOC do small bottles of that. But I don't know how long it would last.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

would the A/C + fire extinguisher work

Comment

It's been done before - here's 1 example

http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/hil...r_cylinder.htm
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                would the A/C + fire extinguisher work
                as long as you dont over pressurise the extinguisher, its worth getting hold of the supplier to get the correct pressure rating for the canaster
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

And here's a couple more options

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/php_lib/v...at=3&submit=Go

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ght=compressor

TRS
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/air-compr...comp-981-p.asp

Comment

'fraid not, old chap. I have a 3 ltr tank in for testing just now, and I cannot even swim. It does need a test, but they will do a 'surface only' test.
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

have seen that one advertised vince .but would prefer to buy something that someone else has used .all the adverts say that there pump is the dogs round bits .
                        just dont trust adds

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                          'fraid not, old chap. I have a 3 ltr tank in for testing just now, and I cannot even swim. It does need a test, but they will do a 'surface only' test.
                          A 3 Litre SCUBA tank?
                          Anyway, I stand corrected (just checked the regs), testing it isn't an issue at all. Sorry for the confusion.

It's filling the cylinder that requires the certification.

Comment

A 3 Litre SCUBA tank?
                            Anyway, I stand corrected (just checked the regs), testing it isn't an issue at all. Sorry for the confusion.

It's filling the cylinder that requires the certification.
                            Yeah, it's a sweet little thing! Just the job for filling my Air rifle.
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                              I cannot even swim.
                              It's not necessary to be able to 'swim' to be a diver (sinking is the main aim mind). There is a requirement not to drown for a few minutes, in deep water, without using ones arms and one must be able to move from one end of a pool to the other a few times within a given time period. But the ability to swim is not a requirement.

Comment

Working...
                              X