Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new owner, not a clue

Hi Everyone,

Just purchased a 93 surf ssrx, 60k miles. The main problem i have is the bloke i bought it off, has not got a clue about what things do. i have had a look at the forum and picked up a lot of useful stuff. ( Thanks). Does anyone have any tips for squeezing the most economy out of a 2.4 td engine. I am also looking to get the timing belt changed any ideas on how much this should cost as i have no idea and does any one use any particular garage in the Swansea area that is good.

Cheers

Bona

Hi Bona
    Welcome to the forum.
    I have a 2.4td auto and can get about 27mpg but it's no fun at 65mph everywhere.What bits are you needing to know about?????
    The FAQ section should explain most mystery buttons or switches.
    Have fun with it and where are the piccies???????
    Ed & Sarah
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

had my timing belt done when i bought mine,cost me £140 fitted...

Comment

Originally posted by BONA
        Hi Everyone,

Just purchased a 93 surf ssrx, 60k miles. The main problem i have is the bloke i bought it off, has not got a clue about what things do. i have had a look at the forum and picked up a lot of useful stuff. ( Thanks). Does anyone have any tips for squeezing the most economy out of a 2.4 td engine. I am also looking to get the timing belt changed any ideas on how much this should cost as i have no idea and does any one use any particular garage in the Swansea area that is good.

Cheers

Bona

economy and surfs dont mix not for me anyway looks like a trip to lidl every week for some of there finest deisel
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Thanks for that.

I have managed to order a Handbook of the net. But untill that arrives, What Tyre pressure should i be running with for road use.

Comment

Try around 30 - 32psi and see what it feels like.
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Economy

Well I just did a 300 mile round trip on 45 litres (about 10 gallons) = 30.1 miles per gallon.

Aint too bad considering I was cruising about 70mph all the way except for a couple of hills!!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by BONA
                Thanks for that.

I have managed to order a Handbook of the net. But untill that arrives, What Tyre pressure should i be running with for road use.
                I run 32psi in 31" A/T's, but people on here run anything between 27 and 33 so play around and see what feels best for you.

On Fuel economy, they are definately more economical at a sedate steady speed on a motorway that hammering along at *^ MPH (mind you thats more fun!!)

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Cam Belt

Don't know what part of SWansea, but there's a garage in the Hafod Advertising Cam Belt changes from £25

Comment

Working...
                  X