No announcement yet.

standard wheel sizes 4 runner vs surf ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standard wheel sizes 4 runner vs surf ?

Is there a difference in the standard size of wheel between a UK 4 runner and a surf ? The factory wheels look the same but is there a difference in size ? Also, what's biggest tyre that the standard rims (15 inch ?) will take, is it a 31x10.5R15 ?

Cheers,

Originally posted by turbotommy
    Is there a difference in the standard size of wheel between a UK 4 runner and a surf ? The factory wheels look the same but is there a difference in size ? Also, what's biggest tyre that the standard rims (15 inch ?) will take, is it a 31x10.5R15 ?

Cheers,
    Pretty sure they are the same, 7x15. The wheels will take as big a 15 inch diameter tyre as you can get and I think up to 10.5 is the recommended largest width. Above this width you would need to go to a wider wheel. The problem with the tyre size is the clearance under the body work - time for a lift if anything bigger than 31 inch is fitted.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Pretty sure they are the same, 7x15. The wheels will take as big a 15 inch diameter tyre as you can get and I think up to 10.5 is the recommended largest width. Above this width you would need to go to a wider wheel. The problem with the tyre size is the clearance under the body work - time for a lift if anything bigger than 31 inch is fitted.

Cheers
      Aha, i was wondering when i'd get the definitive info. Thanks. I picked up 5 of the 'standard' 4runner/surf alloys on ebay, to replace some non-toyota alloys that mine has. The offset on my wheels is wrong and they stick out a bit (inch or two). I could get wheel arch extensions, but i can't be arsed. My current tyres are 31x10.5R15, and those on the wheels that i got are 265/70R15. When stood next to each other they seem exactly the same.

I even got pulled over by the old bill, once, just after i bought this vehicle. 'Your tyres stick out too far sonny'; i asked for a 'producer' as it's been about 20 years since i had one, but i think that the screaming kid and narked missus put him off.... I think he was expecting a 'bling-bling crack dealer', and was a bit dissapointed....

Now which tyres am i gonna get ? Got to be michelins from Costco....

Comment

what you doing with your old wheels?
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X