Leak in Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak in Surf

Returning from holiday found front passenger carpet completely saturated - apparently there had been heavy rain whilst we were away - but we cannot find where leak is and the amount of water is worrying. Anyone any ideas how to fix??

Have you checked the water level in the radiator? if thats down it is probably the heater matrix leaking. As for leaks else where ther will no doubt be others with a lot more knowlage and experience of the surf than me.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Brummie

P.S. A quick hello and an introduction doesn't go amiss so we know who we are talking to.
    Last edited by Brummie; 11 November 2009, 13:47.
    I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Hi John.It is more than likely the matrix leaking as the footwell is wet.Where abouts down here are you and welcome to the forum
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Water or coolant?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
          Water or coolant?
          exactly, I had a leak at the back wet carpet wet rear seat etc..., traced it to the sunroof not sealing properly.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Leak in Surf

Thank you all for replying to me - the leak is definitely water but would the fact that the surf had been stood idle on the drive for 3 weeks invalidate the matrix theory as the engine had not been started during that time?

Definitely not Sun roof thank goodness and all windows were securely fastened.

Many thanks to you all and will post cure when found! Hopefully soon.

Comment

Check around the windscreen itself for possible points where water could be getting in and also the seam underneath the ventilation grill, where the wiper motors are.

Comment

Hi John, is it a 2nd gen or 3rd?? I am having a similar issue with my 3rd gen.

Comment

Leak in Surf

Hi Mikacom

Sorry to be so long replying but been away - how do I find out if my Surf is a 2nd or 3rd Generation? Mine is R Reg - import.

Comment

its a 3rd gen have you checked the fluid level in the rad to start with
                    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                    X