Not Surf related but information needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Surf related but information needed

I have bought a Suzuki Samurai which is to be my winter project and when I turn on the lights or heater fan the engine stats to revving like mad

Anybody got any idea what could be causing this
    Last edited by 4 Runner; 8 November 2009, 16:47.

lights of heater fan?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
      lights of heater fan?
      Lights or heater fan..

the R an F are next to each other!

Comment

About the only things that could be related to is the charging circuit or grounds. Check your alternator output, batter(y|ies) and connections.

Comment

its a common problem, disconnect the green wire above or beside he carb, see if that ,makes a difference

Comment

Originally posted by farmerboy4 View Post
            its a common problem, disconnect the green wire above or beside he carb, see if that ,makes a difference
            I hadn't realised the 3ltrs had carbs, must be what makes them so much better than our 2.4s eh!
            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
              I hadn't realised the 3ltrs had carbs, must be what makes them so much better than our 2.4s eh!

Originally posted by 4 Runner View Post
              I have bought a Suzuki Samurai which is to be my winter project and when I turn on the lights or heater fan the engine stats to revving like mad

Read 1st post closely and you will see he is not asking about the Surf

Comment

mmmm a 3rd gen 3.0 samurai or a 2.4 which ever one it is it will be the elastic band needs changing, probably got wound up to much and likely to snap if not changed soon.
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Originally posted by 4 Runner View Post

DONT Turn the lights or Heater Fan on. Simples
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

The Suzuki SJs and Vitaras have auto idle-up, which should make the revs increase from around 800 RPM to 1000, when the lights and/or heater load the puny standard alternator. If it is revving much higher than 1100 RPM the standard carb is worn/out of adjustment.

As said above, removing the green wire disables the idle-up.

I got fed up with the standard carb on my Suzuki and fitted an SU carb instead.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                    X