So lucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So lucky

No I have not won lottery Needed to go to shop noticed a snapped off wheel nut drivers front(shouldn't of used it really) on way home heard rumbling noise completely forgot about wheel nut pulled on drive had coffee decided to investigate noise. Wasn't difficult 3 was missing so im thanking lucky stars wheel didnt overtake me hills pretty hairy up here.
    Just wondering what i have to do to fix this tried searching come up with a few lost wheels but nothing pointing me in the direction of what is involved.
    Not sure why this has happened its new to me and doubt very much the turnip i bought it off will shed any light.
    Me........... NEVER

Did you buy it from someone from here?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Renewing them is simple, if a bit laborious. You have to strip the hub off the front, then split the disc from the hub and finally replace the studs (do all 6).

About an hour a side.

Comment

no it was an ebay special wont go into long story again but either he didnt care one bit that he ripped me off(or at least thought he did) or he was really really stupid but either way i got my first surf and a big smile even though these little things keep happening but hey ho
        Me........... NEVER

Comment

At least you know Sal once all these little things that keep happening to the truck have been sorted you'll have a decent truck at the end of it.
          If you want to see what damage could of happened to your truck have a look at surf wedj's thread when his wheel come off this week

Glad you still got the grin factor tho
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I wonder why all these front wheels are coming off lately. Is it due to tyre monkeys and their air tools over tightening the nuts, over enthusiastic on/off-road driving, wrong wheel nuts fitted, the age of the vehicles or just poor basic maintenance?

Mine are all Ok, but then I do remove the wheels to scrub the brake dust off them everytime i wash the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              I wonder why all these front wheels are coming off lately. Is it due to tyre monkeys and their air tools over tightening the nuts, over enthusiastic on/off-road driving, wrong wheel nuts fitted, the age of the vehicles or just poor basic maintenance?

Mine are all Ok, but then I do remove the wheels to scrub the brake dust off them everytime i wash the truck.
              Over-tightening is the most common failure mode.

Remember the Bedford Ambulances a few years back, the ones that were losing whels? All caused by the nuts being overtightened.

Comment

I had the same thing with my Surf. The garage I bought it off fitted a new front caliper but forgot to tighten the wheel nuts afterwards! Fortunately, I noticed before all the nuts fell off
                https://galooph.com

Comment

saw the pics of his when wheel fell off counting my blessings well if it all happens before mot in december then at least i know it will pass. always live in hope.Still some little things to sort out like no interior lights anywhere inside, all fuses okay ,changed bulbs. stumped!! Managed to take clocks out and put little white dots at 20mph and 30 all the way to 60mph ,then one dark night realised my white dots dont light up lol
                  Me........... NEVER

Comment

Hi Tilly,

Give these people a call.

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/

Gman.
                    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by tillytops View Post
                      saw the pics of his when wheel fell off counting my blessings well if it all happens before mot in december then at least i know it will pass. always live in hope.Still some little things to sort out like no interior lights anywhere inside, all fuses okay ,changed bulbs. stumped!! Managed to take clocks out and put little white dots at 20mph and 30 all the way to 60mph ,then one dark night realised my white dots dont light up lol
                      Is there a chiming sound if the keys are left in the ignition, with the door open and without the engine running?

Comment

there is a sound with key in ignition and door open, have asked about this before as the vectra does it to tell me the lights are on. but was told its just to say its because my keys are in on the surf which did baffle me slightly
                        Me........... NEVER

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                          Hi Tilly,

Give these people a call.

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/

Gman.
                          thanks for that there is some on ebay £19.95 but will wait till everything else is done for now my magic vanishing dots will have to do
                          Me........... NEVER

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                            At least you know Sal once all these little things that keep happening to the truck have been sorted you'll have a decent truck at the end of it.
                            If you want to see what damage could of happened to your truck have a look at surf wedj's thread when his wheel come off this week

Glad you still got the grin factor tho
                            re wedj's surf, looking at the picture to me it looks like he has wheel nuts that belong to steel wheels not alloys as his truck had
                            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
                            X