H C of G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H C of G

Are there certain circumstances were having a high centre of gravity gives a 4x4 an advantage offroad?
    Ive always looked a other trucks like troopers,defenders & disco's & thought holy sh1t that looks top heavy.
    Silly question but ive always wondered.

Never.. A high centre of gravity is the exact oposite you want in a 4x4.

Comment

so most surf owners lift there trucks
      instead of going to all the trouble of lifting a surf wouldn't it be better to spend your money on diff locks ?.and are 33/35 ins tyres that much better off road. my surf seems to go were surfs with these tyres go.
      and as for improving ground clearance suspension/body lifts wont add any more clearance to the rear diff.and if you fit 33s you only gain 1 inch on the diff is it worth it plus the fact that larger tyres change the gearing and reduce mpg ok i can see that it looks good and if that's your reason then fine but will it make it a better off roader .

Comment

Not always Steve... Diff locks are argueably the best way to spend money on getting a truck suited for Offroad..

But never the less every lil helps..

Jacking up a few inches doesn't make it too extreme.. With any kind of suspension lift its compensated to handle the fact the trucks a few inches higher!

Most people will say their jacked up truck rides better after the lift!

Comment

[QUOTE=RodLeach

Most people will say their jacked up truck rides better after the lift! [/QUOTE]

Wanna bet mines like a bucket of custard
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

A couple of inches of lift is negated by fitting wider wheels/tyres/spacers.

Comment

your truck is how can i say it er a LITTLE extreme

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                your truck is how can i say it er a LITTLE extreme
                I don't know WHAT you mean
                monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

im not having a GO at all the people that have lifted there trucks i think it looks great but is there any point for off roading and im talking about the usual 1 1/2 body lift and a 2 ins sus lift so that you can fit 33 tyres what difference does it really make

Comment

im not having a GO at all the people that have lifted there trucks i think it looks great but is there any point for off roading and im talking about the usual 1 1/2 body lift and a 2 ins sus lift so that you can fit 33 tyres what difference does it really make
                    Bigger diameter tyres=more ground clearance.

Comment

My 3.0ltr was useless off road untill I lifted it 5" and fitted some 33" BFGs then it was like a different truck. Oh and my bucket of custard never goes off road but I can drift it round wet roundabouts a treat.
                      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Bigger diameter tyres=more ground clearance.
                        yes so a 33 tyre will give 1 inch more than a 31 but will 1 inch make that much diferance off road

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                          My 3.0ltr was useless off road untill I lifted it 5" and fitted some 33" BFGs then it was like a different truck. Oh and my bucket of custard never goes off road but I can drift it round wet roundabouts a treat.
                          would nt you like to take it off road ?

Comment

yes so a 33 tyre will give 1 inch more than a 31 but will 1 inch make that much diferance off road
                            Lets say me and you are off roading and we come across a 12" rock, my diff is say 12 1/2" inches off the floor and yours is 11 1/2" I drive over it and then reverse back to tow you home because you just took your diff out
                            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

would nt you like to take it off road ?
                              Yeah I would love to but can't be doing with the cleaning after.
                              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X