New boy(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boy(?)

Taking delivery of my 93 2.4 SSR-X next week, thanks to all the advice and info on this site found just what I wanted and I can claim I knew it all already....I even know what the ECT button is for!. Anyway thanks to all who asked the questions I didnt know I didnt know and those who posted the replies.
    rog
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Rog
    MM0FWG[/COLOR]

nice one ROG its MANDATORY to post us some pics when you get her home
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Thats why this place is here
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        nice one ROG its MANDATORY to post us some pics when you get her home
        ok, polishing my lens as we speak..........
        roll on next weekend, dear me, 56 years old and I'm worse than a kid waiting for Santa
        rog
        [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Rog
        MM0FWG[/COLOR]

Comment

Surf has now arrived and is the absolute dogs wotsits, pics will follow if I can stay out of the driving seat long enough..1993 2.4 SSR-X in maroon (ish) and shod with Bridgestone Duellers (31x10.5 R15 LT) which I am running at 33psi, mainly because thats what the dealer put in them!, and that also seems to be the general consensus from what I can see in the forum, which is lucky cos the drivers handbook I bought over the 'net which is a New Zealand sourced translation contains lots of handy info like which dial is the tacho and which is the speedo, but absolutely hee-haw on specs like liquid capacities, tyre pressures, kerb weight etc call me picky but..........
          Anyway we are off tomorrow for a little shakedown cruise with the caravan (sorry to use the "c" word) to she how she copes with a little towing
          rog
          [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Rog
          MM0FWG[/COLOR]

Comment

Rog
            Glad to hear you now have the same silly grin as the rest of us!!!!
            Check on the drivers door latch pillar for a little sticker with loads of jap writing and 2 numbers on it, both mine say 1.9 which is the reccomended tyre pressure in 'Bar' which equates to 30 psi, it will probably make no difference at all but just thought i would mention it, i run mine at 28 psi and that seems fine.
            If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
            I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice one Rog,lot's of enjoyable motoring to come and the grin just keeps getting wider.
              Powered by ????

Comment

Thanks guys, checked the door pillar and my sticker says 1.9 as well so I dropped the pressure down a bit and that seems to have cured the slight vagueness at motorway speeds. Back from our short caravan trip and this beast tows like a dream! hardly knew the van was there you were both right the grin just gets wider. Just to end the perfect day on the way home after dropping off the 'van we called in to a local supermarket and I heard someone walking past the Surf as we came back out "!!!!!! great jeep things sodding nuisances mutter mutter....." Fantastic!! all this fun and you get to annoy people without even trying.. I was sorely tempted to go into the "Bev!...Kev!.....we used to have one of those" routine but the boss was giving me one of her looks so I gave it a miss and just overflowed with smugness..
                All the best from a very happy chappie
                rog
                [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Rog
                MM0FWG[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by rog
                  but absolutely hee-haw on specs like liquid capacities, tyre pressures, kerb weight etc
                  if you live in the country just drop into your local agri co-op supplier who'll probably have a weighbridge, should weigh it for a small fee or none at all I'd say. Anyone who sells grain or seed to farmers will have a weighbridge. Any readymix/concrete plant - same thing goes but they will charge you. Bring the caravan if you go.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                    if you live in the country just drop into your local agri co-op supplier who'll probably have a weighbridge, should weigh it for a small fee or none at all I'd say. Anyone who sells grain or seed to farmers will have a weighbridge. Any readymix/concrete plant - same thing goes but they will charge you. Bring the caravan if you go.
                    Thanks Jim I'll look out for something like that over the weekend while I try a little gentle muddying.....co-pilot permitting of course!

rog
                    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Rog
                    MM0FWG[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by rog
                      I heard someone walking past the Surf as we came back out "!!!!!! great jeep things sodding nuisances mutter mutter....."
                      The stupid thing is that if it'd been an old Volvo they wouldn't have said a thing - my 940 estate is wider, longer and MUCH thirstier than a Surf !

Oh - it's a damn site more BORING too !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob
                        The stupid thing is that if it'd been an old Volvo they wouldn't have said a thing - my 940 estate is wider, longer and MUCH thirstier than a Surf !

Oh - it's a damn site more BORING too !

I know the feeling, until last weekend I was driving a 2lt Mondeo!!!!!
                        [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Rog
                        MM0FWG[/COLOR]

Comment

As promised some pix of the beast and the reason for this stupid grin!
                          Tried to put some into the gallery thingy on the home page, but the colours and resolution turned to poo. They seem ok here so I'll quit while I'm ahead.
                          Attached Files
                          [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Rog
                          MM0FWG[/COLOR]

Comment

nice surf ROG
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                            X