genuine toyota head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• genuine toyota head

we have a 3.0 td '95 and think the head is cracked. we have been offered genuine toyota head with the bits that go inside all done, but how could we know it is genuine.
    any help on this would be appreciated.

Originally posted by pete n sue View Post
    we have a 3.0 td '95 and think the head is cracked. we have been offered genuine toyota head with the bits that go inside all done, but how could we know it is genuine.
    any help on this would be appreciated.
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Is there a receipt for the original purchase for the head and where was it purchased from. What price is it being sold for ??
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

I had a genuine head fitted s few weeks ago. The guy who did it (stevo) said that some of the copies are REAL good and it's hard to tell between the real jap or sone Chinese copied head
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        I had a genuine head fitted s few weeks ago. The guy who did it (stevo) said that some of the copies are REAL good and it's hard to tell between the real jap or sone Chinese copied head
        Hey gwh200. Whatīs the part number of the new genuine head? Do you know is it any better than the original head from mid-90īs?

Do you know email-address to Stevo? Do he need the old head when selling the new one?

Comment

-MaTTi- this link should answer some of your questions

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/members_p...evo/index.html
          I Love Wales

Comment

genuine or not

I got the new "genuine" head, but is this genuine or copy of it? It was in the original Toyota box, but there is this label attached to the head.

Comment

where did you get the head from
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                where did you get the head from
                Stevo.

Comment

I think its a genuine Toyota Head from Japan so you'll be ok as Stevo only uses the genuine heads as far as i know
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                    I think its a genuine Toyota Head from Japan so you'll be ok as Stevo only uses the genuine heads as far as i know
                    Edit: Stevo answered: "we only supply genuine toyota cylinder heads which is what you have been sent, script on the label is japanese, a mixture of KANJI symbols and HIRAGANA script"

So, everything is fine.

My friend who is lived in Japan told the same too, itīs japanese original Toyota cylinder head.

Sorry StevO I suspected the authenticity of the head.
                    Last edited by -MaTTi-; 22 January 2010, 15:27.

Comment

Working...
                    X