Count the shockers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Count the shockers!

Check out the underside rear view. 8 shocks!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-TOYOTA-HI...item3ca705ab4e
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

10 with the 2 on the front. Been on ebay a few times that one.
    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Are they just bling or are they needed?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Unless they are operating in the plane of movement they are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Only four are close. Two are near horizontal by the look of it.

Looks like someone's been trying to damp out the sprung weight a bit, without really knowing what they're doing.

Comment

nice grille

Comment

they need all the shocks to keep the body on look at the lift blocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
              hehehe!!... could have a sprung cab!!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                Unless they are operating in the plane of movement they are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Only four are close. Two are near horizontal by the look of it.

Looks like someone's been trying to damp out the sprung weight a bit, without really knowing what they're doing.
                I thought there was maybe some kind of wierd science going on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                  I'd have thought they were connected to the chassis rather than the body? But maybe I've missed something.

Comment

Looks like a proper + 4" procomp or superlift, but what is going on with that body lift, and where is the rest of the front bumper. First stone that jumps up is going straight through the radiator.
                    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                      Looks like a proper + 4" procomp or superlift, but what is going on with that body lift, and where is the rest of the front bumper. First stone that jumps up is going straight through the radiator.
                      better than some of the shocking bent mesh you see stapled on the front of them!!...

really, you're only gonna do a big body lift for the look, so it would be better to get it right!... i bet thet leans forward every time you touch the brakes!!

Comment

Whats the story with these massive bodylifts. Does it improve the offroad ability of a 4x4? Look how exposed that rad is

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
                          Whats the story with these massive bodylifts. Does it improve the offroad ability of a 4x4? Look how exposed that rad is
                          no...
                          it just lifts the body off the chassis... gives clearance front and back for your approach and departure angles (bit debatable as the chassis rails still stick out), at the sides so the sills are a bit higher, but no breakover angle as the chassis is still the same...

main reason people do it is just to get a few more inces for bigger tyres under the arches... (the tyres will give a bit extra ground clearance too)

but a big body lift like that is just for show, it's probably gonna lose you more than you'll gain.

Comment

to be honest i would not even think about off roading that!!

Comment

Me neither. I reckon a decent hit like you get when a boulder stops you dead, would put serious stress on those bodylift blocks and sooner or later you'd be able to look out of the window and wonder at the chassis going by that looks just like yours...

It's not really for offroad though is it.

Comment

Working...
                              X