Insurance - Multiple Vehicles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance - Multiple Vehicles?

I've got my Surf arriving in a couple of weeks and for the first time I will need to insure 2 vehicles simultaneously.

Does anyone know any insurance companies who will take your current NCB into account on a brand-new policy? I know I'm going to have to start a new policy from scratch but I have heard there are some companies who will 'mirror' your existing NCB onto a new policy for you.

Cheers,

Rob.

Originally posted by robinbooth
    I've got my Surf arriving in a couple of weeks and for the first time I will need to insure 2 vehicles simultaneously.

Does anyone know any insurance companies who will take your current NCB into account on a brand-new policy? I know I'm going to have to start a new policy from scratch but I have heard there are some companies who will 'mirror' your existing NCB onto a new policy for you.

Cheers,

Rob.
    Have two motors as well, did have three and had to start all policy's from scratch. Rang around quite a few and the best I could get was the exisiting company at the time offered 2 years introductory no claims for having an additional policy.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Speak to your own insurance company I have the Surf and a Zuki with the same company running side by side
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by robinbooth

Cheers,

Rob.

i got mine with lifesure. they didn't mirror my no claims but gave a 30% NCD for my second car.
        ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

Try Liverpool Victoria, I had two cars on the one policy and it was definately cheaper.

Rich.
          If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Multiple vehicle insurance

Hi all
            I've just bought a 1997 Surf 3.0 Gen 3 SSR-X Limited and needed to insure it but didn't have a no-claim bonus to transfer because I haven't sold another car yet.
            I phoned around explaining the situation and was quoted silly money by some companies who were only allowing 20 or 30% introductory offers. I was even cut off by one company ( Tesco ) when I explained that I wanted an introductory bonus!
            The best deal I got was through a brokers, A Plan, in Thatcham.
            They were very helpful when I explained the situation and said that they could arrange a policy through Group Armour (5th biggest insurance company in Europe) who would allow a policy that "mirrors" my existing policy/policies with other companies.
            This means that I am getting a fully comprehensive, 65% no-claim, bonus protected policy on an additional vehicle, with no need to transfer the bonus. They don't even want a Thatcham 2 alarm fitted!
            That's what I call a result!!

A Plan 0845 0711234

another broker offering the same deal with the same insurers, but £19 more expensive because it offered 90 days foreign use rather than 30 days was

Hadenwelbeck 0845 1184301

I hope this information is of use to anyone looking for insurance cover for an additional vehicle.
            Keith

Comment

Insurance

I am currently with Vauxhall Insurance and when I had the same problem, they said I could add the second car to my existing policy on an emergency basis for about £20. They said I could do this for a month at a time for up to 3 times a year.

At least it would get you over a sticky patch!!

Rob

Comment

Insurance

Thanks for the replies!!!

Liverpool Victoria would give me 1 Yr NCB for a new policy which is better than a poke in the eye!

A Plan are looking into the 'possibilities' at the moment but didn't seem to be able to mirror my existing NCB onto a new policy.

Cheers.

Rob.

Comment

Update

A Plan quoted me £1040 for :

1993 SSR-X 2.4TD
                  1993 Honda CR-X Del Sol
                  Fully Comp
                  32 year old with 7 yrs NCB. It should be 10yrs+ but I can only find proof for 7 yrs

On individual Policies :
                  Tesco (Current Insurer) - £370 For Surf with 7Yrs NCD
                  Liverpool Victoria - £638 for CR-X with 1 yrs introductory NCB

Anyway - just thought I'd post that in case it helps anyone else.

And thanks for everyones replies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob.

Comment

Working...
                  X