Possible Favor to ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Favor to ask

I feel a bit awkward about asking this favor of someone, and not sure how to word it, basicly i found a model kit i've been looking for for a while and didn't want to miss it due to my not useing paypal till i'm sure my bank account has beed removed and i have closed that particular account, between my bank and paypal i have forked out around £150 + in charges, mostly my fault as i didn't fully understand how the system worked, but i never intensionally bought something i couldn't pay for, it's just that the payments were taken from one account while i was under the impression it was comeing out the other, (credit card) so untill it's sorted and the account closed and it's just my card regestered with payapl (so i know where i am with it) i cant/daren't use it,
    so what i would like to ask is would someone with a paypal account be perpaired to pay for this item via paypal and i'll send them the money? obviously i'd cover any extra charges you may incurr, i wouldn't dream of asking you guys if i knew anyone, family etc who could do it for me,
    the item is in austrailia and i did email the bloke beforehand enquireing about it, shipping ect, and explaning my problem with paypal, he was a very nice guy, and basicly said if i want the kit bid and we'll work something out about payment, even suggested perhaps i may have something to swop for it but i cant think of owt he'd want that i've got, so this idea seemed the easyist option, the item (kit) had a starting price of about 22 aus dollars (about £12)
    and i put a max of 40 aus dollars on (about £21) sea post (which is the cheaper option is around £9 so it wont be more than just over £30 to £32, and may be around £ 20 if no one else bids, and of course i may be outbid!!
    in which case none of this will matter i did suggest perhaps a bank transfer but he said my bank will prob make a bigish charge for doing it that way, i can only afford 30 odd quid anyway,

anyway sorry to be asking but i cant see any other way, this is not a big deal so dont feel bad if you'd rather not do it, i certainly wont be offended or annoyed, if there are no replys, it's just a kit i remember doing back in the sixtys, which got lost or chucked out over the years, always thought i'd like to do this kit again (which was one of two from a series i did) but forgot who made em or what scale etc they were, just knew i got em from "woolies" only found out last week that they were called "gangbusters" and made by MPC (also marketed by airfix) , looked on ebay and there was this one in aus!!!
    their pretty rare now and come up on ebay ocaisonally,
    sorry for the longwinded post and this is the link to the item, cheers, ian

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

I'll do it for you Ian. Wouldn't it be easier if I bought it too then use your address as the delivery address?

PM me and we'll sort something out.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

and if that andy wont do it,i will

Comment

The seller might not post to any address other than the address that pays.
        As that's the only way the seller is protected by paypal.

So it may come to first Andy then post onto Ian.
        Brian

Comment

Your dead right brian. It will go to the paypal registered adress. And put me in the queue for willing to pay pal ian.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Me too, wouldn't be a problem at all Ian.

Alan
            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Dont know what to say! thanks so much, i'm misting up here honestly, never expected so may offers so quicky, i'll pm ya Albannach, cheer's everyone

Comment

no worries

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                  Dont know what to say! thanks so much, i'm misting up here honestly, never expected so may offers so quicky, i'll pm ya Albannach, cheer's everyone
                  Oh bless... It's a Sunday hilux surf love up.. I'm going to put a flower on my hair and go to San fran
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    Oh bless... It's a Sunday hilux surf love up.. I'm going to put a flower on my hair and go to San fran
                    Does she still run the big hotel at the Pier?
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Just like to thank you all and Albannach in particular, for your offers of help, got outbid at the last min yet again, never mind, better luck next time

Comment

Dont feel that way Ian theres always someone on here who will help you out. Me included...............

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                          Dont feel that way Ian theres always someone on here who will help you out. Me included...............
                          I know mate, it restores your faith in human nature when guys you've not even met offer help like that, dont do to build your hopes up about summat on ebay!! still i now know the manufacturer and model series so will keep looking, i did find a co in the states that list em all but bl00dy expensive!! between $70- $100 a kit!! i'm not that soddin nostalgic cheers again all

Comment

Working...
                          X