3.0 Cam belt done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 Cam belt done

Just did the cam belt on the 3.0 surf. (2nd gen).. easy peasy!
    Also did all three belts (air con + alternator) as they had no teeth left on them! Roughtrax.. The one stop shop!

Now, I'm after a chrome bumper for the 2.4 as well as a chrome grill.. I can't accept PMs at the minute as I have not paid my subs yet.. (although I used to be able to have PM before I paid subs when I first joined :/ )

(I'm also still on the lookout for a half decent GMC Typhoon..)
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

pay your subs then
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

well done,hope u did tensioner and pulley too

Comment

i have a front bumper here is that what your looking for!!

Comment

I will pay my subs.. Tomorrow (off out with the mrs in a bit)

I Did the tentioner (the bit with the pin you pull and the round bit that the belt runs on.) The last cam belt change had written on the engine - 76000 miles, which is 50000 miles ago and 5 years ago - Looking at the cam belt and tentioner, i probably had quite a bit of life left in it. But, glad I did it now so I can stop worrying and drive!

Regarding the bumper, I need a chrome and black one and it should be very good condition

Thanks for the reply!

p.s, I thought the cam belt was going to be an all day job... started about 11:30am (after breakfast) and the truck was started up around 1:30
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

it is chrome with a black bottom good condition no dents etc i will post up some pics for you tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
              it is chrome with a black bottom good condition no dents etc i will post up some pics for you tomorrow.
              Thanks, sounds like you have a sale.
              I need a mint grill as well (i was not worried about this before but it holds the indicator in!!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

bdt has a grille if you want it
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  p.s, I thought the cam belt was going to be an all day job... started about 11:30am (after breakfast) and the truck was started up around 1:30
                  I take it you stopped for lunch too?
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                    Any pictures?
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Ok so cam belt easy to do, and i was gonna get someone to help me hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                        Ok so cam belt easy to do, and i was gonna get someone to help me hmmmmm
                        If you know what you are doing or can work things out for yourself using 'tinternet or a book, then Cam belt is easy. Some people do not like mechanics so I would say a cam belt change isn't for them. If you get where I'm coming from?
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Yup, i like to do all that stuff, might try it, could take a while though, more than two hours anyway LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                            Yup, i like to do all that stuff, might try it, could take a while though, more than two hours anyway LOL
                            doesnt matter,work at your own pace,do it once or kill it(in the case of cambelt)lol

Comment

Working...
                            X