auto box info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto box info

hi there, just wondered if anyone can give me some info about my auto box on my 96 surf. when im driving and have to stop quickly it then clonks into first when i set off, it does it everytime except when ive slowed down gradually and stopped. it sometimes does it when changing through some of the other gears but only slightly, so if anyone could tell me if its anything to worry about or not it would be appreciated.thank you.

I know damn all about auto boxes (Or anything else mechanical) but I'd suggest you check your ATF level and condition !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

make sure you check it correctly
      when its warm...
      with the engine running
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

ive checked the level and it seems fine.

Comment

It could be the sliding joint on the main propshaft that needs a bit of grease pumping into it via the grease nipple.
          When it's full, the grease acts as a kind of buffer to stop the clunking/shudder.

Comment

does it doit if you manually shift through the gears?
            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

if l slam the brakes on and stop and keep my foot on the brake for any length of time then its when i take my foot off the brake that it goes clonk into first

Comment

alrite mate, any idea what type of grease and where to get it from

Comment

when was the fluid last changed? I would change it anyway then as bushy say grease it all up.
                  SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

now you mention it, it does do it when going from drive to reverse and other way round too

Comment

ok thanx ill try that, sorry guys if im blundering but fairly new to forums n stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by chinny View Post
                        alrite mate, any idea what type of grease and where to get it from
                        Lithium base chassis grease NLGI No.2
                        Halfords, or any car spares/accessory shops.http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60161-gu...on-grease.aspx
                        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 30 October 2009, 23:45.

Comment

thanx mate, ill get some.

Comment

Working...
                          X