Steering problem - resovled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering problem - resovled

Well, after much looking on the forum and even asking loads of people about my lack of positive steering I have now realised what is actually wrong with it. About a year ago now I bought an idler arm from roughtrax at a nice reasonable price as my last one had worn so much it was beyond play. Now, until yesterday I noticed that the steering bar that connects to both the idler arm and the steering arm was not parallel to the sump or the ground.

now the truck is perfectly level and so is my drive, but i have now discovered that the steering arms is up about 2" over the length on the right hand side (looking from the front). I'm not sure whether this is a design error or whether I have hit something and pushed the idler arm up a bit. But it is putting all of the steering geometry out now, and that is why my truck tends to wonde all round the place. The mechanic at the garage agrees with me as well

so if anyone else had a similar problem then you can try looking at the steering bar itself first. maybe there are more people with the same problem.
    Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!
Working...
X