Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak

Surf has developed a fuel leak which is ,I Think, coming from the bottom of what I think must be the lift pump.So I think the seals bust be shot. Question. How difficult would it be for a numb-skull like me to replace the seals or failing that what should I expect to be charged by someone who knows what they are doing.

Cheers Spoggle

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...fuel+pump+seal hope this help....think there is a good write up on the oz site .. may be getting mixed up with one for th Ps pump tho. anyhow someone will be about in a bit with more info
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Is it a mechanical pump? I think it could be on a '92. I believe they are complete PITA.

Do you use veg at all?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i should think it will be an electrical pump Andy,but saying that it could be mechanical if its the very early "92" model.The 3 92 models i have got here all have electrical pumps
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Is it a mechanical pump? I think it could be on a '92. I believe they are complete PITA.
          They only ran from around 88/89 to late 90 or early 91?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Do you use veg at all?
            Think it's an electric pump mate. She was built in November 92 I believe. Have been know to run on veg oil in the past but it got to be more expensive than diesel so I gave up. I can see that fuel has been running down the side of the engine and is dripping down onto the road via the steering. Worse when cold and appears to slow down when the engine has been run for a while and got warm. As I have said in the past' I aint no mechanic ' so I would hate to take anything to bits if was gonna be too complicated to put back together again. If it was gonna take too long for me to sort out I,d never be able to get to work either.

Cheers Spoggle

Comment

Buy a new 22100-5B300 pump. they are cheap......well they are down here.

Nev

Comment

A local Toyota dealer quotede £4000 for a new pump. Got a second hand one obviously
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  A local Toyota dealer quotede £4000 for a new pump. Got a second hand one obviously
                  £4000! Could buy 4 ruddy trucks for that. No I think that I should invest the 15 quid or so that Rough Trax charge for a new set of seals and try to have a go myself. Having read the thread suggested, I think that if I have a good strong drink first I may just be able to do it. Bet I loose that ruddy spring though!

Cheers Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle View Post
                    £4000! Could buy 4 ruddy trucks for that. No I think that I should invest the 15 quid or so that Rough Trax charge for a new set of seals and try to have a go myself. Having read the thread suggested, I think that if I have a good strong drink first I may just be able to do it. Bet I loose that ruddy spring though!

Cheers Spoggle
                    Sprinkle a lots of magnets on the ground under the truck just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Sprinkle a lots of magnets on the ground under the truck just in case.
                      Aint got no Magnets Vince, do you think Guinness would do, and should I drink it before I sprinkle it?

Cheers Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        The one Nev mentioned was available for around 300 notes the last time I checked, around a couple of years or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                          The one Nev mentioned was available for around 300 notes the last time I checked, around a couple of years or so ago.
                          I priced that pump earlier this year, it was less than £300. I think it may even have been less than £250.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            I priced that pump earlier this year, it was less than £300. I think it may even have been less than £250.
                            Were you watching Price drop TV?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              Were you watching Price drop TV?
                              Maybe! At least we all get it for the lowest price.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X