4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4

when is the surf is 4 wheel drive,wheen the 4x4 button is pressed in or out,there is no light or sign on dash to tell me and it drives much the same whichever position the button is in.

ruddy thing

Originally posted by Wheelrepairit
    when is the surf is 4 wheel drive,wheen the 4x4 button is pressed in or out,there is no light or sign on dash to tell me and it drives much the same whichever position the button is in.

ruddy thing

Button is pressed in..and 4wd should light up on the dash
    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelrepairit

ruddy thing
      When the button is pressed in, however if you have no indication light some diagnosis may be called for, if your lucky its just a blown bulb, or it may be that 4wd is not engaging. Try a search here for "4wd" as this has been covered a few times just recently, and should give you enough pointers to start checkiny your system.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

in my surf, if stationary you'll hear some relays click in the dash when the 4wd is clicked on, you should also hear some clicking/clunk from underneath the truck when the ADD / 4wd clicks into place but you may need to move slightly for this to happen but when it does you should see the 4wd light up on the dash

it's also worth noting that you should only use 4wd when off-road or when in snow/ice
        [FONT=Trebuchet MS][B][SIZE=2]1993 SSR-X 2.4TD[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
        X