• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a 4x4 is for?

This is what I've been looking for.....

http://www.boab.biz/Pages/Raid%20Ast...f%20France.htm

See you there????

And I'm gunna get one of these to take with me.

http://www.boab.biz/Pages/Pioneer%20...ers%20BOAB.htm
    I told the butcher I'd give him £25 if he got the meat down off the top shelf. He said he couldn't. The steaks were too high.

£799 for a week? More expensive than the two week Pyrenees one I did this year, though there is a couple of hotel nights in that one. I recognise a few of the places in the pics! 5000ft? I spit on your 5000ft!

I think we reached 6500ft on our highest climb...

Check out http://www.atlasoverland.com/ for the one I did. The owner, Pete, is a top bloke too.

However you do it though, do it! It's a great experience.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Cant see any prices for the trailer tents but i'd say there seriously expensive, thousands i reckon. Nice piece of kit all the same.

Comment

Lost & France in the same sentence? Someone is having a laugh

I do like the trailer though
        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
          Lost & France in the same sentence? Someone is having a laugh
          You'd better believe it mate! We saw some pretty remote places, though Spain was worse.

mind you, tarmac queen, what would you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            You'd better believe it mate! We saw some pretty remote places, though Spain was worse.

mind you, tarmac queen, what would you know?
            That may be true for the UK, but did I ever tell you about my trips to the African Rainforests or driving thousands of miles around the Sahara..... (I can just visualize members sighing and saying, Apache, please don’t set him off about his African trips and how Pay & Play sites aren’t real off-roading).

No, I’m sure it would be a great trip and somewhere to test your gear and skills before setting off on longer overland trips.

Comment

http://www.boab.biz/Pages/Pioneer%20...ers%20BOAB.htm[/QUOTE]

Bl00dy hell! I recon you could buy a good 3rd gen for the cost of one of those
              I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

No, I’m sure it would be a great trip and somewhere to test your gear and skills before setting off on longer overland trips.
                Yes exactly. I'm only in my 3rd week of 4x4 ownership so driving under water or down the side of the Canary Wharf building or over the burning molten magma of a newly erupting volcano is not for me just yet. I think the French adventure is a good taster for any novice like me.

Oh, and I would love to hear about your adventures around the world any time my friend.

Cheers,

Bud
                I told the butcher I'd give him £25 if he got the meat down off the top shelf. He said he couldn't. The steaks were too high.

Comment

Originally posted by colour10 View Post
                  Oh, and I would love to hear about your adventures around the world any time my friend.

Cheers,

Bud
                  Oh dont start him off!!!

His is petrol, and more powerful than yours...

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post

http://www.boab.biz/Pages/Pioneer%20...ers%20BOAB.htm

Bl00dy hell! I recon you could buy a good 3rd gen for the cost of one of those[/QUOTE]

Silly money im afraid. Might get something a bit more reasonable on flea bay. Dont think you would need a offroad trailer for the boab trip. Maybe just throw bigger tyres on a regular one?

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
                      Silly money im afraid. Might get something a bit more reasonable on flea bay. Dont think you would need a offroad trailer for the boab trip. Maybe just throw bigger tyres on a regular one?
                      Hi fonecrusher, yeah it is a lot of money. I might have to sell my camper van I think.

Comment

Hi fonecrusher, yeah it is a lot of money. I might have to sell my camper van I think.
                        Howdy. Ive become obsessed with campervans/caravans & trailer tents recently. I took a notion of getting a campervan but i couldnt part with my surf. So then i thought caravan, this is looking doubtful as well because of the storage/maintainance costs. So now it seems a trailer tent is the best option/compromise. Their bl00dy expensive though.

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
                          Howdy. Ive become obsessed with campervans/caravans & trailer tents recently. I took a notion of getting a campervan but i couldnt part with my surf. So then i thought caravan, this is looking doubtful as well because of the storage/maintainance costs. So now it seems a trailer tent is the best option/compromise. Their bl00dy expensive though.
                          Hi, OMFG after about an hour searching for the price of one of these things I finally ended up in Aussie web sites. The trailer tent thing I put a link up for today costs $32,000 Aussie Dollars or just a bit over £18,000. Dear god, I know I'm going to see if I can get one now too....

I too am obsessed with tents, campers, 12v hot water showers, 12v freeview TV's. I think I need help as I have bought all of the above in the past 6 months LOL. I need camp therapist LOL.

Comment

Oh dont start him off!!!

His is petrol, and more powerful than yours...
                            Yes, and the MOT has just epired and can't drive at the moment due to my busted collar bone.... anyhow, I want a Land Criuser soon so the Surf will have to go.

Comment

Hi, OMFG after about an hour searching for the price of one of these things I finally ended up in Aussie web sites. The trailer tent thing I put a link up for today costs $32,000 Aussie Dollars or just a bit over £18,000. Dear god, I know I'm going to see if I can get one now too....

I too am obsessed with tents, campers, 12v hot water showers, 12v freeview TV's. I think I need help as I have bought all of the above in the past 6 months LOL. I need camp therapist LOL.
                              Heres my story in a nutshell. Had a great summer this year, went camping along the irish southwest coast loads of times in surf & largish 4man tent big enough to stand in. Yes it was great fun but by the end of the summer i dont think i could be bothered with the hassle of tenting ever again. Memories of scrambling around in the dark looking for lights & in the morning taking down the bl00dy thing hungover come to mind!! And when it came to cooking it became a complex, kripton factorish task. Trailer tent with built in cooker/sink for me i reckon.
                              I'l let you know if i see anything decent on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                              X