No announcement yet.

:( my truck is ill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have my baby back from the dealer now and although she isnt overheating now there does seem to be a few leaks on the header unit of the rad that were not there before so for my own peice of mind i am having it checked out by a very well known engine reconditioner in my area who is going to pressure test eveything and test the head for me just to make sure as there still seems to be alot of pressure building in the cooling system but hopefuly he will not find anything wrong as until now she has been so much fun to drive (on and off road), so all those new to aurfing like i was not so long ago dont panic as linda said some surfs have the heads go and some the heads will never give you any problems atall

Comment

Hi Mark, Just a coulpe of stoopid thoughts.
      1 did you wash your radiator fins through after the pit?
      2 have you put your road wheels back on?

Cos on my old girl driving with M/Ts on she do get a bit warmer at high speed if the rad aint clear also Ive moved my number plate to get better air flow.
      Mine also boiled up the other summer on the way back from Beaulie,nowt wrong with her she only did it to be difficult,(new rad cap and a flush job done).

sumo.
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Hi Mark

Sorry to hear your troubles.

Just a note to say when my truck o/heated the first time 3 days after buying it the pressure build up found the weak points in the rad header tank and started to weep

The second time ( of the four! ) the rad let go. Apparently the header tanks can corrode, so if it is weeping, get him to replace the rad or as mine has, been replaced by the local rad firm.

Sorry if I've caused concern, but you wouldn't want it to cook up again if the rad does let go.

Anyway "Hard offroading!!" he said! I know how careful you are with your truck. If its got a warranty mate its down to him to fix it! After all its an OFF ROAD vehicle!!
        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

lol thanks danno have you seen the armour on the bottom of my truck now? and yes sumo i have checked the rad fins and i only got to south mimes on the way back from the pit before i took the m/t's off as i couldnt hear the radio over the sound of my jet engined surf lol as i said haveing the head color tested tommorow will see what happens then as the guy i am going to has been in the basildon area for years and is the best for recon engines round here and all the garages i spoke to recommended letting him take a look as if the is a prob he will find it and do a report so i can go and make the dealer fix it or feed the paper to him before i go to trading standards lol. will keep you all updated with events and what happens as if the dealer does sort it all out he has some nice surfs in again now

Comment

sorry if the spelling is bad have just finished a BBQ with a group of friends and am wrecked for the first time in 2 years had the truck tested and the only thing the guy can think of is the thermostat has gone so he said change it and drill a hole in the new onw so the temp stays down as the system isnt pressurising any more either so the trouble has vanished lol

Comment

Good news mark, glad to hear your wallet is safe LOL.
              If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
              I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X