Beach surfing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach surfing

Just came back from a few hours driving onto local beaches & generally having a laugh thanks to me good ol surf.
    Its funny the look on people's faces when they see someone actually driving over dunes/rocks to get on to a beach. Total shock!
    Thats what i love about my surf, I spend 95% on road & occaisionally question why i need a 2 ton 4x4 truck. But the times i do go offroad are fantastic & i always come home chuffed with 'the beast'.
    Ive owned a few head-turners in my time but the surf has trumped em all for that feel good factor.

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
    Just came back from a few hours driving onto local beaches & generally having a laugh thanks to me good ol surf.
    Its funny the look on people's faces when they see someone actually driving over dunes/rocks to get on to a beach. Total shock!
    Thats what i love about my surf, I spend 95% on road & occaisionally question why i need a 2 ton 4x4 truck. But the times i do go offroad are fantastic & i always come home chuffed with 'the beast'.
    Ive owned a few head-turners in my time but the surf has trumped em all for that feel good factor.
    what beaches you on???

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
      what beaches you on???
      Garretstown & clonakilty. The weather was pretty rough so there wasnt many people around.
      Wouldnt get away with it during the summer, somebody would complain no doubt.

Comment

Ohh I have fond memories of Clonakilty I used to stay on a farm one field away from a small cove that i could of skinny dipped without any body disturbing me......And skinny dipping in the Atlantic not a kin chance
        Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo View Post
          Ohh I have fond memories of Clonakilty I used to stay on a farm one field away from a small cove that i could of skinny dipped without any body disturbing me......And skinny dipping in the Atlantic not a kin chance
          Could be wrong but i think that place your on about is now a popular caravan site. Used to be a farm, overlooks a nice little cove just before you get to the town itself.

Comment

The cove im on about is by following the coast round to Skibberean before you get to the long beach if my memory is correct....come on it was 30 years ago
            Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo View Post
              The cove im on about is by following the coast round to Skibberean before you get to the long beach if my memory is correct....come on it was 30 years ago
              Come to think of it theres dozens of little coves around that area!
              Needle in a haystack comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
              X