Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key getting stuck...

Hi guys

This started yesterday afternoon. Got home and parked as normal, but the key wouldn't turn all the way in the ignition so I couldn't get my key out. The gear lever was def in park. I tried switching the engine on and off a couple of times and changed the gear a couple of times but had no luck. I moved the car (no idea why) and when I parked, everything was normal...
    It did it again 3 or 4 times today. Very annoying and VERY worrying...

Any ideas?
    "Good at cracking bones"

did you try it with the spare key?
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Unfortunately I've only got one key (ever since I bought it....)
      "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

spray some wd40 into the barrel,did you ever get the head sorted on the other truck aswell
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ohhh
          That is very worrying then
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

By barrel, do you mean into the ignition?
            No, we sold we the other one....
            "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

yea spray some in the ignition barrel as it maywell be sticking a bit.Mine does the same at times
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

OK, thanx!! Will do that at work tomorrow!!
                "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                  spray some wd40 into the barrel
                  Put some WD-40 on the key itself and then place it in the ignition barrel, rather than spraying it into the barrel directly.

Comment

Thx MattF!
                    "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Hi eve.. When you are taking out the key just push on the gear selector as well.. This can stop the key coming out if it's not quite in park
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

OK, have tried all the suggestions posted on here... nothing works...

9 out of 10 times the key will get stuck and then on the 10th time it will come out like it has never been stuck!!! WTF!!

Hopefully I can get it out tomorrow and get a spare cut to see if it is the key that is the problem or the barrel.
                        One Q, how do I know if my key has got a chip in???
                        "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Originally posted by EvH View Post
                          OK, have tried all the suggestions posted on here... nothing works...

9 out of 10 times the key will get stuck and then on the 10th time it will come out like it has never been stuck!!! WTF!!

Hopefully I can get it out tomorrow and get a spare cut to see if it is the key that is the problem or the barrel.
                          One Q, how do I know if my key has got a chip in???
                          my 3rd gen keys dont.
                          got some cut the other day
                          if the key is the problem, a copy will just duplicate the problem, its unlikely to be the key anyway, but always good to have spares
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

its got to be either the switch from the gear selector or the barrell
                            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

don know if youve already tried this as i think Stormforce already suggested it.

spray some WD40 into the barrel, lots of it, till its dripping out (dont worry, there's nothing in there that can get messed up) then insert the key and take it back out repeatedly (20 times) then turn the key to position one and off again , again lots of times. Then repeat this to position two.

If that dosent work try this:
                              Ive not done this myself but it kinda makes sense.

Magnetise the key, by placing it on a large magnet such as a speaker magnet overnight and then see if it works
                              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
                              X