No announcement yet.

Fingers Crossed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I wasn't trying to be offensive in my previous post, just stressing the need to be careful when purchasing caravans"

Your actually spot on PB. My brother in law bought a fairly large caravan last year off an 'individual' claiming to be a caravan dealer & it all went a bit pear-shaped when he discovered a few issues with the van & then couldnt contact the seller for love nor money.
    The problems have been sorted at my bro in law's expense & it is now a good caravan but it does go to show how important it is to know who your buying from.

Comment

I've been toying with the idea of a caravan for a while now. I thought that a CRIS registration was sure fire safety net, but now I'm not so sure.
      I have looked at a few of the dealers S/H caravans, but all apear to be at least 2K more than what addvertised in the classifieds.

I'm after a twin Axle 4 berth van for around the 4K-5K, this is suposed to be the best time to buy a caravan, at the end off the summer season, so fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by ian2144 View Post
        I'm after a twin Axle 4 berth van for around the 4K-5K, this is suposed to be the best time to buy a caravan, at the end off the summer season, so fingers crossed.
        You have just described mine ;-) if the missus hasn't found a job by christmas it's yours!
        Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ian2144 View Post

Be EXTREMELY careful if you're buying a twin axle privately or from an unknown dealer - they're more likely to be nicked (Which is one of the reasons I won't have one !)

Why has every post I've made recently make me sound like a pessimist of the first order ???

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Be EXTREMELY careful if you're buying a twin axle privately or from an unknown dealer - they're more likely to be nicked (Which is one of the reasons I won't have one !)

Why has every post I've made recently make me sound like a pessimist of the first order ???

Because you are?
            I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

why would a twin axle be more likely to be nicked??

We sold our old one, now looking for either a 4 berth with fixed bed or 2 doubles... or a 5 berth. the weights the tricky thing, gotta be 1200kg or under.

I can't make head no tail of the prices... you can buy a 15yr old shed for up to 3 grand... then there's a gap in price, and everything else is £5k plus!

so, if anyone has anything nice, for about £3500 then give us a shout!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post

I have 12 copies of STUD from 1972…you should see the polyester... Yours for £3000
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

You can get some very good campervans for about 3500 quid, and cheaper, i just bought a Renault Traffic, excellant interior, bit of welding on the outriggers, good engine, tyres etc, 560 pounds. so there are some good bargains out there.
                  www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Twin axles are more suited for use as permanent living accommodation and are thus more attractive to the caravan utilising nomadic traveller sorts that aren't prepared to pay for the things they want .....

If you check with the insurance companies you'll find that they are more expensive to insure because they're more susceptible to theft

PS
                    The coppers that run the crime prevention stands at the caravan shows say so too !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                      You can get some very good campervans for about 3500 quid, and cheaper, i just bought a Renault Traffic, excellant interior, bit of welding on the outriggers, good engine, tyres etc, 560 pounds. so there are some good bargains out there.
                      trouble with a campervan.. you gotta pack everything away if you wanna pop out for the day, and then try and find a parking space big enough in a seaside village!

and if you don't have a set pitch, you gotta find another one when you get back... then when you return from the pub that night, you've lost where the van was parked!

Comment

trouble with a campervan.. you gotta pack everything away if you wanna pop out for the day, and then try and find a parking space big enough in a seaside village!

and if you don't have a set pitch, you gotta find another one when you get back... then when you return from the pub that night, you've lost where the van was parked!
                        The sort of van i bought is the same size as a normal Renault Traffic, easy to park, lots of storage, so everything can stay in, bike rack on the back, sorted.
                        www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

We sold our old one, now looking for either a 4 berth with fixed bed or 2 doubles... or a 5 berth. the weights the tricky thing, gotta be 1200kg or under.

I can't make head no tail of the prices... you can buy a 15yr old shed for up to 3 grand... then there's a gap in price, and everything else is £5k plus!

Matt check with Chillitt he's into shed's !!

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya never know when tho !!!!
                          Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 20 October 2009, 23:56.
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                            You have just described mine ;-) if the missus hasn't found a job by christmas it's yours!
                            Thanks for the heads up on your van. Surry is a long way from Aberdeenshire, A reputable dealer near Peterhead has 3 caravans in my price range, coming in some time next month.

So i'll check them out and see whats, what.......

Comment

wait till after half term (next week here)... the prices will start to drop...
                              people are still buying for a half term break.

Comment

wait till after half term (next week here)... the prices will start to drop...
                                people are still buying for a half term break.
                                Why didn't I think of that?
                                I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Working...
                                X